World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 9th, 2006, 09:49 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANZAC OOB - Motor Company

so these are 1942-only formations, and used where (just inside Australia?).

and section "trucks" - 15cwt or 4 tonners?

Andy
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM

Corporal

TDR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mobhack said:
so these are 1942-only formations, and used where (just inside Australia?).

and section "trucks" - 15cwt or 4 tonners?

Andy
trucks in 15 cwt - 1 ton range
Until pacific, 43 Armoured Div mainly in Australia.
In SWP, few M3 light most mainly Matildas in trooops of 3, as 2 Gun tanks and 1 CS tank. Also some very few M3 mediums used late 45.

The details for 15 MR was the official list, like all things there were variations depending on equipment.

Also later many motor cycles were replaced with jeeps. I can not remember teh dat but I do have a list of teh initial jeep allocation with in 1 Armoured somewhere in my notes. Some Sub HQ also had jeeps allocated when fully introduced.

Later on Machine Gun Bns were allocated jeeps instead of the carrier.
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

We are currently in the early stages of developing and playtesting the WinSPMBT patch. That has top priority and if.....*IF* we are very lucky indeed we might actually get it done before Christmas.....maybe.

As a result, WinSPWW2 is not a priority but we will keep an eye on these threads and when the time comes to start work on the next winspww2 upgrade we'll look into some of these these issues.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
TDR said:
Well maybe fine, but do you have any design constraints on the various units I should know about first? What happens re AI pick list, ordering within OOb etc?
OOB's for nations that already exist, to be compatible with pre-existing scenarios, MUST maintain the same unit structure as the existing OOB. That is, if unit 010 is a Crusader I then the new OOB better have a Crusader I in that slot otherwise any sceanrio that uses that piece of equipment will display that WinSPWW2 Icon you see in MOBHack when you click on an empty unit slot.
If Unit 175 is a "patrol" then there needs to be a "patrol" in that unit slot otherwise that WinSPWW2 Icon will pop up in every scenario that uses that unit. Obviously, not every unit gets used in every sceanrio but this will eventually bite you if those units are not maintained. Now......let's assume that you don't want a "patrol" unit in your OOB. OK, fine...now lets assume that "patrol" is being used in a dozen scenarios ( I have seen similar things happen with other OOB's ). The ONLY solution ( besides redoing every sceanrio ) is to re-nationalize the unit ( nation 99 is handy for that ) when a unit is re-nationalized like that it will not show up in the purchase menus but it WILL show up just fine in the old sceanrio that uses it. Now....... you COULD decide that you like that "patrol" unit but want to rename it....no problem, go right ahead but don't just delete it and what ever you do don't decide to "tidy" up all the units so they are listed by type ( all the tanks in one place, the infantry in another etc etc for all the reasons listed above.

To maintain the pre-existing internal coded AI picklists picklist structure you MUST ensure that if formation 006 is a "Tank Squadron" that runs from 1/42 - 12/49 then you need to place your Tank Squadron in the same place and cover the same dates because the picklist is set up to buy formations based on the existing formation structure. If the new OOB simply cannot fit into the existing formation structure then the alternative is re-nationalizing formations and placing the new ones further down the list and leaving these old ones in place for the AI to use.

OR we rewrite the picklist but that's an exception, not a rule

For a nation that does not exist and IS going to be added ( and I make NO promises one will be.....) then there are no restrictions on unit or formation placement becasue a picklist will need to be written for it. If it's to be used in one of the "spare" OOB slots for AI use ( green, blue or red ) then the existing formation structures in those spare OOB's apply

Adding a new nation is NOT a trivial matter. Writting an OOB for it is just the start

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM

Corporal

Don Fine, but sounding messy OOB structure wise.
Some other issues not public forum which comes into this. As I said " Part of this can parallel along with some other work I am doing". The OOB issues with this are but a flow off of that work and as such, needs to be pointed out off air so to speak. May not be a problem, but!
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:15 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Most of the "B" vehicles such as M/C used as D/R can be simply ignored for SP OOBs.

The mixed matilda platoon - may be useful, was that org used as individual platoons, or was each troop in the squadron like this? (ie a mixed troop needed + a mixed matilda Sqdn formation (presumably without the CS tanks at SHQ in that case?).

Cheers
Andy
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Corporal

I see you need to be introduced to our infantry & tank Jungle fighting.
Quote:
Mobhack said:
Most of the "B" vehicles such as M/C used as D/R can be simply ignored for SP OOBs.

The mixed matilda platoon - may be useful, was that org used as individual platoons, or was each troop in the squadron like this? (ie a mixed troop needed + a mixed matilda Sqdn formation (presumably without the CS tanks at SHQ in that case?).

Cheers
Andy
1. motor cycles as per UK mainly for communication/runner on wheels. Though teh MTR Mor Pl had one it seems for PL Commd(?). Old UK style.

2. The mix of gun and Cs tanks was the standard attack practice. Also little smoke in this its all HE form the CS tanks. Different to ME/NA.

Tactics was. (lead tank) No1 Gun tank, No2 CS tank, No3 Gun tank. Inf Pl in close suport.

So a Coy advance has this conbo in front, It is more of a Coy Arrow head/Wedge formation.

Beside re last post to Don, you need to understand that picture befor I keep adding more here.