.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM

BANNED USER

Eximius Sus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (Recruiting)

I'll play. I'd really like to try that Underwater mod.

R'lyeh
Sauromatia
Marverni
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herode View Post
I don't like dead seas
Neither do I, there's a reason it's not on my disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor
With UWGIM included, you can convince some people to play water nation. Didn't Maerlande want to join as R'lyeh?
Changes to gameplay from UWGIM seem quite extensive. (Just went looking for the mod.) and there's almost no comments in the thread. Has it been used extensively in MP? What do people (Apart from you ) think about it? Also, is it compatible with EDM? (Which it looks like we will end up using.) If it works fine I'm not opposed to the principle of using it though.

Even if it makes people want to play water nations, it still leaves us short a few spots though. I haven't heard anything from Maerlande myself, (Perhaps a comment in IRC or something?) but she'd most definitely be welcome, never played a game with her before. (She's a she, right? Or do I have her confused with someone else?)

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eximius Sus
Well, Zeldor's magic plan seems to be working.

Last edited by Amhazair; August 3rd, 2010 at 03:59 PM..
Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM

Corporal

yandav is on a distinguished road

Count me in with:
mictlan
c'tis
kalaisa

No agartha for me, please.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor
With UWGIM included, you can convince some people to play water nation. Didn't Maerlande want to join as R'lyeh?
Changes to gameplay from UWGIM seem quite extensive. (Just went looking for the mod.) and there's almost no comments in the thread. Has it been used extensively in MP? What do people (Apart from you ) think about it? Also, is it compatible with EDM? (Which it looks like we will end up using.) If it works fine I'm not opposed to the principle of using it though.
Inversions III is playing with CBM 1.6 + UWGIM .93 and EDM 1.1 all rolled into one. If you want to test it you can find it here.

Quote:

Even if it makes people want to play water nations, it still lives us short a few spots though. I haven't heard anything from Maerlande myself, (Perhaps a comment in IRC or something?) but she'd most definitely be welcome, never played a game with her before. (She's a she, right? Or do I have her confused with someone else?)

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eximius Sus
Well, Zeldor's magic plan seems to be working.
She's a banned user and it looks like someone else beat her to the punch.
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

I agree that we should lock in nations for those who have signed up so far, and wait until Sunday to see if anyone else wants to join.

Keep the map, but no dead seas. No water nations unless we have more than one.
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

I secound Aethyr's post, all these points make sense.

I am waiting to know how many we are for sure before to work on the pre-defined locations.
Old August 4th, 2010, 10:21 AM

BANNED USER

Eximius Sus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, unless you kick out the last two players you have 23. So two people get water nations. However, it looks like you are going to get a lot of nation conflicts.
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

All right, general opinion has spoken:

* We definitely play on the Faerun map
* We start on sunday at the latest, whether the last few spots are filled or not.

Due to previous general acceptance in the thread i've bolded a few more sections of my OP. Most notably, we'll definitely be playing with the Endgame Diversity Mod.

I'll allow one more day of discussing/voting on the remaining issues, before assigning nations tomorrow.

Issues still to be resolved:

* Do we use the Underwater Gameplay Improvement Mod: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...p?showtopic=44?
This mod aims to make transition from land to water and vice versa easier, Make gameplay more intresting for water nations and any nations venturing underseas in general, and improving the weaker water nations. Zeldor suggested it and Eximius Sus joined specifically out of intrest for this mod, while so far there have been no objections. The changes it brings are quite extensive though, so anyone objecting to it, please feel free to do so.

* Victory: so far it has hardly been discussed. Options seem to be: Conquer 40? VP and hold for 3 turns; Conquer 50?VP; and I suppose Standard victory (Kill 'em all) remains an option.
Since only Hadrian voiced an opinion so far your solitary vote may even be decisive!

* Research: I vetoed difficult research, and there didn't seem to be much intrest in using the mod lowering lvl 2 spells in exchange for difficult research. (To be honest I'm not very keen on it either.) So unless there's a storm of protest I'm going to keep it at normal. (Also if we go with UWGIM I'll be sticking with normal in any case to prevent more mod compatability headaches.)
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Juffos has bowed out, and Maerlande let me know she's at her limit of games and will not be joining either, so at the moment there's 22 players. As I said in the previous post I'll allow one more day to finalize settings and then go about assigning nations, so if anyone feels like still changing their choices now's the time to do so.

I took a first look at the nation picks and compiled a few useless(?) stats:

* Arco and Ulm! are tied for "Most popular" Each with 3 first choice picks and 5 picks total.
* T'ien Ch'i and Ermor seem to be the ideal '3rd choises', each with 3 of those (and 1 first choise)
* Caelum and C'tis each have been picked 2nd 3 times out of 3 times total, whil Hinnom has also been picked 2nd 3 times, but is also 1st choice pick once.
* Atlantis and Oceania are the only nations who haven't been picked, while Yomi, R'lyeh, Pangaea and Abysia have each been picked once.

So, to improve the chances of everyone getting a nation they're happy with, any player not willing to risk a possible roll off can from this moment on claim either Atlantis or Oceania* by just posting in the thread they do so. The same possibility exists for Abysia, since the only player who picked Abysia (Waterhazard) is currently getting his first choice (Yomi) uncontested.

* I imagine for some people choosing one of these two nations might depend on whether we use the UWGIM or not, which is still to be decided. If that's the case, feel free to claim them "conditionally." (ie: I claim Oceania, but only if we use UWGIM, else I stick with my previous 3 picks.)
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

I only saw two #1 picks on Ulm, me an Aethyr.