.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old September 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM

Sergeant

Pickles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Players

This turn there was a ballsy attack on my capital by the one eyed guy from Van. Unfortunately my PD seems to include a Witch doctor who used my "national spell" to poke out the other eye as well. With 0 att & def & mistform he still killed oodles of infantry and was only taken down by the summoned longdeads (just), presumably 150 successful attacks later.

Scared the crap out of me - unlucky.

Pickles

Who is Van anyway?
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:49 PM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road

wait if i read this correctly...vanheim sent a cyclops at your capital and lost his ONLY eye to a spell and died?
Old September 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Not a cyclops. The one eyed glamour guy of Vanheim, the Allfather, I think its called.
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Sergeant

As the spell was "blindness" the fact he already lost one eye was irrelevant. He was pretty unlucky in a number of ways but since he had only 14 MR getting hit by a take out spell was not as unlucky as I first thought.
It is "allfather" though in my mind it is "odin" or "wotan" or "wanderer" I can never remember the in game name.

Pickles

PS I am posting this in the clear as presumably it will be shared by the evil bad guys anyway & we have haphazard intra team communication. Does anyone mind using normal email for this as it seems the most efficient way?
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:52 AM

Mark the Merciful

dum-de-dum-dum-dum-dum dum-de-dum-dum-dum-dum (insert punchy news theme here).

Welcome to the Aran News Network tonight, as the cold war that's Lasted a decade turns hot, and fighting breaks out across the continent.

The main story tonight; the Vanheim Allfather dies in an abortive "decapitaion strike" on the Machaka capital. Eyewitnesses say he was Last seen crawling on the ground crying "my eye, where's my eye?" when he was killed by a longdead infantryman. A Vanheim spokesdwarf said, "oops".

In a major campaign, Arco forces threaten to surround the Pythium capital. "We cannot get out! We cannot get out! THey are coming..." said a slightly hysterical Pythium spokesnake.

In a shock development, C'tis' main fortifications turn out to be made of gingerbread. Standing within the wreckage of the gatehouse at C'tis, Njarl Njarlsensen - a Jotunheim Niefel Giant - said; "I just knocked on da door and it all fell down. Mmm, tasty!" In a rare personal interview, the C'tis Ghost-King said, "whooooooooooooooooo!" (Tune in at Eight tonight for a two-hour special on the role of gingerbread in military history)

Mictlan forces fight a delaying action against hordes of Machaka spiders. As Mictlan prepares for a long siege, a sacrificial spokesvictim said "arrrgh!"

As the joint forces of the Motherhood and Apple-pie Alliance struggle to hold off the advancing Evil Overlords, many are asking what Caelum is contributing to the effort. The Caelum spokesmammoth was unavailable for comment.

And finally, Pangaea reasserts its commitment to peace. Their spokeshippy said; "hey man, what if they held a war and nobody came? Everybody should, like, give up this terrible fighting and live in communion with nature. Yeah, baby!"

And that's the news tonight. Good night Aran.

(fade to black as punchy news theme comes back)
Old September 7th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Mark the Merciful said:
In a shock development, C'tis' main fortifications turn out to be made of gingerbread. Standing within the wreckage of the gatehouse at C'tis, Njarl Njarlsensen - a Jotunheim Niefel Giant - said; "I just knocked on da door and it all fell down. Mmm, tasty!" In a rare personal interview, the C'tis Ghost-King said, "whooooooooooooooooo!" (Tune in at Eight tonight for a two-hour special on the role of gingerbread in military history)

Obviously this is not a problem as 10 big blue giants on turn 10 is one of the specific threats we identified & were ready to deal with.

I am right aren't I Boron?

Boron?
Old September 7th, 2004, 09:42 AM

Corporal

Lex is on a distinguished road

ROFL
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:53 PM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road

Pickles...Boron will kill the giants with his gingerbread man army. They also do the spell "rain of ginger" which coats the giants with ginger for the ginger bread men to eat them.
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:04 PM

First Lieutenant

The_Tauren13 is on a distinguished road

LOL Mark that was good stuff.
Old September 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM

Sergeant

Cheezeninja is on a distinguished road

I am Vanheim, for the record, and it was my Allfather that met his dysmal end against Machakan PD. I knew it was a risky move, but a few of my allies were being pressed and i decided to take the chance, I didnt think it would be quite THAT risky though... ahh well, live and learn. At least he will still be plenty powerful if i can ever get him back and healthy... That newscast was hilarious =)