.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old October 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Private

blargue is on a distinguished road
Default RE: a couple of modding questions

To all you modding gurus, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Is there anyway to have some influence over what items are in the Klakar inventory? What I'm trying to do is have a summonable trading thingo that will be called "pocket universe" and will essentially be a empty trading inventory. It would be summonable cargo space.

2. Is there anyway to have ships that don't "sleep" that, once destroyed, remain on the map, can be boarded and ultimately allied? I'm thinking it would be neat to have a quest for every ship in the game (though that many quests might exceed game limitations) giving players the happy surprise after an encounter that they get a ship out of the scuffle. Mizender does something close with the Krill but he still has the ship sleeping.

3. Is there a flag for removing ships from the flotilla? I'm working on an upgrade shop where ships can be modified to have ram shields, teleport or foldspace, but, so far as I can tell, the only way to have this work is to have an event where the player is given the option to strip their ship, pay a fee, have that ship removed, and the same ship frame returned but with the added attribute. Any thoughts?

4. I'm also working on a similar idea where the players are given the option to purchase ships and super weapons but at a cost greater than five. This would be done by players purchasing said items in installments (trading for expensive receipt items, each receipt costing 5) and the condition being that if the player has all of the installment receipts in their inventory an item or ship is returned, depending on the receipts held.