This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ironically hilarious environmentally friendly, comfortable and safe BMP-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Are they ALL off the TO&E then ???
The Pbv 501? Yes, and it can be argued they were never really on it. More of a 'what-if thing' really - however at the time OOB066 was constructed it seemed like the Pbv 501, though a stop gap meassure, would have been around for some time to come.

Quote:
If they are all gone approx what year did that happen ?
End date 12/107 or 12/108 I guess. The last ones were sold off to the Czech Republic in 2008.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post:
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Captain

Default Re: Ironically hilarious environmentally friendly, comfortable and safe BMP-1

Don,

re: possible changes to OOB066 it might be wise to include an end date for unit 055 Pbv-401 too - the "Swedish MTLB", this track actually saw some service but has now been retired. The last ones were sold to Finland in 2011.

Also these variants of the CV90 system present in the OOB have not progressed beyond prototype stage, and probably will not ever be included in the actual organisation:

unit 049 SSG Amos DF
unit 202 Strf9040/56
unit 433 SSG 120 AMOS
unit 434 SSG 120 STRIX

Strf 9040/56 was a CV90 also equipped with the Rbs56 ATGM system.
The SSG/AMOS/Grkbv 90120 was an sp-mortar system, but project has been terminated. A self propelled battalion level artillery system is still lacking.

However, STRIX is a mortar fired anti-tank munition, that has been used since the mid 90s by the "ordinary" 120mm mortar system. It was present in earlier versions of OOB066.

The older Leopard tanks:

unit 355 Strv 121
unit 357 Strv 121

Sweden leased/bought 160 or so older, used Leopard tanks meant to be used in the three Mech Brigades (while the more modern Strv 122 was used in the two Armoured Brigades). The brigades were disbanded around 2000 and since 2002 the Strv 121 were placed in storage. Rumour (as of Jan 2012) has it that the remaining Strv 121 tanks are to be sold/scrapped but 40 or so will be rebuilt to engineer tanks/bridgelayers).

Possible new stuff, emphasis on possible:

Pansarterrängbil 360

Built by Patria, Finland. This is the vehicle chosen to replace the dead SEP project. First deliver planned for 2012. First company outfitted with this APC to be ready 2013. The first Bn to be ready by 2014. But, we'll belive it when we see it.

Bandvagn NY/BvS 10 MkIIB

A new all terrain vehicle protected against shrapnel and small arms fire is to be introduced and delivered in the fall of 2012. They are to be ready for foreign deployment by 2013. Good luck with that.

Helicopter 16

During the summer of 2010 the Swedish government decided to buy a brand new helicopter system to deal with the pressing need for medical-, troop- and materiel transport in Afghanistan.
The choice fell upon the American UH-60M Black Hawk. The 15 helicopters were delievered to Sweden in November 2011 and handed over to the army in January 2012.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post:
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

....on the list..........

BUT..........

For next time this should have been posted as it's own thread in the OOB subforum so that when we need to find it again....... we can find it.

FYI the forum "search" is a joke. After three tries using quotes from the copy I had made to my list I finally gave up and tried Google and it came up right away. That's why this whole thread has been moved and renamed

RE
Quote:

However, STRIX is a mortar fired anti-tank munition, that has been used since the mid 90s by the "ordinary" 120mm mortar system. It was present in earlier versions of OOB066.
I cannot find an earlier OOB with STRIX used in a regular infantry mortar but I do not have copies of all the older OOB's...... are you saying these have been available for use in the 120mm Grk m/41D since the mid 1990's ??

Don

Last edited by DRG; January 21st, 2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Don,Possible new stuff, emphasis on possible:

Pansarterrängbil 360

Unit 67......... ???
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:46 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Ironically hilarious <snip> BMP-1--RE Swedish OOB

Don and wulfir,
In answer to the same question concerning the Finnish Army use of STRIX my ref. information pointed to 1994 usage and or availability for Sweden. I would refer you to dmnt's thread Finnish OOB 5.5, Page #3, Post #22. The video is worth a look as well.

Regards,
Pat
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:18 AM

Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Don,Possible new stuff, emphasis on possible:

Pansarterrängbil 360
Unit 67......... ???
Yep, indeed. It will probably be designated Ptgb 360 in Swedish service - an abbrevation for "armoured terrain car" - but the vehicle initially thought to enter service was the SEP, but that didn't happen. Seems likely the Patria AMW/Ptgb369 veichle will really be fielded, but who knows - most of the anticipated AFV projects that were entered into OOB066 seemed like done deals, until they were suddenly scrapped.

English summary of the SEP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitte...nhetsPlattform
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:07 AM

Captain

Quote:

I cannot find an earlier OOB with STRIX used in a regular infantry mortar but I do not have copies of all the older OOB's...... are you saying these have been available for use in the 120mm Grk m/41D since the mid 1990's ??
STIRX is also known as 12 cm pansarsprängvinggranat 94. It is fired by the 12cm Grk m/41D mortar system. Some online sources claims it has been used since 1994. For OOB purposes maybe 1/95 or 1/96 would be suitable. I was called up in 1996 and they were in use then.

IIRC, in previous versions, and I think this was before the windows version of the game, OOB066 had an extra set of 120mm mortars with the STRIX. It was more expensive than the regular set, had reduced HE rounds and a few AP rounds. In game terms it worked similar to weapon systems with cluster munitions, on a bit smaller scale. Acceptable IMHO, although the STRIX would not be very effective against soft tagets.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Ironically hilarious <snip> BMP-1--RE Swedish OOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don and wulfir,
In answer to the same question concerning the Finnish Army use of STRIX my ref. information pointed to 1994 usage and or availability for Sweden. I would refer you to dmnt's thread Finnish OOB 5.5, Page #3, Post #22. The video is worth a look as well.

Regards,
Pat

Pat......assume I am buried in work and providing clear and concise information is the way to get info into the game as opposed to referencing to links because , quite simply, I DO NOT have the luxury of "too much" time and if I have to wade through two paragraphs of verbiage to get to the point right now I just skip it and move to something that allows me to get another issue off the list. To date I have marked nearly 1600 items "done" and there is still a considerable amount left undone.

So.... in ONE LINE what is the status of STRIX in Finnish Army use ?
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: RE Swedish OOB

Don,
On STRIX top attack mortar round...
Sweden; Yes in 1994 for standard 120mm tube mortar and when AMOS comes on line.

FINLAND; Tested for AMOS on XA-200 platform ~2000. Can't give a 100% yes-So NO. Currently using MEHRE and have MAT-120 (2005 bought.) CARGO rounds supposedly in storage so therefore available. MAT-120 would be AMOS supported, however unknown at this time what non-HE round they will use for their AMOS systems once fielded. Of note PATRIA site reports AMOS on track for Finland as submitted in PP.

Switzerland; Does not look like deal went through though still checking.

Following two for further info on rounds above and follow up to VIKING. From 2004...
http://defense-update.com/features/d...-munitions.htm

Current VIKING ref confirms contract...
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1029.html
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ARE THE CONTRACT DATES AS GIVEN, STILL FEEL GOOD ABOUT FIELDING DATE FOR SWEDEN. ALSO GIVES THE UK CONTRACT DATES AS WELL (NOT IN THE GAME AS MKII.) NOV. 2008 SHOULD BE GOOD FIELDING DATE FOR UK.

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM

Captain

Default Re: RE Swedish OOB

Swedish SP Artillery:

Unit 414 Bkv 151 change end date to 12/103.
Unit 459 Bkv 151 Battery change end date to 12/103.

Maybe there is reason to change the name to Bkan 1 or Bkan 1A/C?
Bkv 151 or Akv 151 is, as far as I know the name of the prototype. The Swedish army used the name Bandkanon meaning "Tracked Gun", Bkan for short. There were two versions; Bkan 1A and the later upgrade known as Bkan 1C. The changes between these two versions are probably irrlevent for the game.

The system was phased out in 2003.

Trivia:

The Bkan was supposedly designed to be used for firing tactical nukes - but this claim is now disputed. It was initially used in two arty bn of 12 guns each, later changed (late 80s) to three arty bn's of 8 guns each.

This weapon system was a higher level asset and each gun was acompanied by an ammo carrier based on a dumper truck with good cross country capability. This was needed because the Bkan had a rather high rate of fire - it could fire 14 rounds in 45 seconds. It did not use the same type of 155mm artillery ammo as the other (towed) 155mm systems.

The guns would often operate independently, each with its own ammo carrier trailing, the idea being this would make them less vulnerable.

The were all deployed in the north of Sweden, never in the south.

Swedish tank brigades had towed artillery throughout the cold war.