.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Myth - EA, CBM 1.92, no diplo - tratorix/Agartha & Valerius/Vanheim win

There's a new release of CBM and I'd like to give the new and improved Van a try. I figure we'll start the game sometime next week in case there are any bugs discovered over the next few days. Please note that this is a no diplomacy game.

Settings

Players: 7
Diplomacy: None
Victory condition: hold 4 caps for 3 turns
Hosting: llamaserver
Hosting interval: 24 hours up to turn 20, 48 hours up to turn 40, 72 hours from then on
Mods: CBM 1.92
Map: Custom map by BrodieSWR
HoF: 15
All other settings default

Roster

ghoul31 - Hinnom
Korwin (previously BrodieSWR) - Yomi
Larz (previously LongBrodie) - Tir na n'Og
Ossa - Ulm
PriestyMan - R'lyeh
tratorix - Agartha
Valerius - Vanheim
Attached Files
File Type: zip PostDiluvium.zip (1.80 MB, 123 views)

Last edited by Valerius; May 21st, 2012 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Game finished
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Myth - EA, CBM 1.91, no diplo - Recruiting!

Hinnom
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Private

BrodieSWR is on a distinguished road

I am new to the forums and I have been looking for a new game to join. Can I join even though it will be my first multiplayer game? I have played lots of single player and read a few AARs. I am familiar with all of the game mechanics and spells as well.

If so, I'd like to try out Yomi.

I use the 1.84 in SP.

Has 1.91 made any strong changes to them?
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:29 AM

Major General

First off, welcome to the Dominions community!

As far as joining the game goes, I play for fun so I'm ok with it but I should mention a few things. It sounds like you have a good grasp of the game, as well as CBM, but keep in mind that MP is very different than SP. And without diplomacy you can't gather allies to try to even the odds. In the end, the worst that can happen is you have an early exit and learn some things (and hopefully have fun). It can have an impact on other players if one player is defeated too easily but I'm willing to rely on the other players realizing that and taking action (of course they may not help the person being attacked but rather try to get their own share of that player's provinces ). And of course you may do well - some new players are competitive from very early on.

Btw, if you're interested in getting advice from vets (without it being posted in a public forum for your opponents to see) you can try the Dominions IRC channel. This is pretty much the way to fast track your MP knowledge.

So, it's up to you. I'll reserve a spot for you and if you'd like to give it a shot, feel free.

Also, the only comments specifically regarding Yomi/Shin/Jomon I see in llamabeast's change log are the following:

- Removed national hp nerf (standard Jomonese had hp 9, which was widely disliked)
- Fixed inconsistency in kami encumbrance (all now have enc 0, by analogy to elementals)

But there may be other changes to things like scales or magic items that you'll need to consider the impact of.
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:36 AM

Private

BrodieSWR is on a distinguished road

Wow! Thanks for the long reply Valerius! I'll try my best in this game. I enjoy putting up a big fight, and I am not a total noob. I am aware that players online will try to use every trick up their sleeve, included power gaming, which I'll plan ahead for.

The guides on this site are very useful, and give a lot of insight into the staple strategies for each nation.

I found the link to the CBM 1.91 changelog, but thanks for the quote.

See everybody in game when this gets started! I already have my pretender designed using the new CBM.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:57 AM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieSWR View Post
I enjoy putting up a big fight, and I am not a total noob. I am aware that players online will try to use every trick up their sleeve, included power gaming, which I'll plan ahead for.
Welcome aboard, then!

Quote:
The guides on this site are very useful, and give a lot of insight into the staple strategies for each nation.
There's definitely good info there and on the wiki but keep in mind that most of the guides were written for earlier versions of CBM or vanilla so you'll have take that into account. Still, the basic character of nations (lending themselves to bless, scales, etc.) as well as the magic paths are relevant. Once the list of nations is finalized you may find it helpful to start up a game with those six nations, setting each to human controlled, and you can conveniently review the units you'll be facing (and even run some test battles if you want).

Quote:
See everybody in game when this gets started! I already have my pretender designed using the new CBM.
You're way ahead of me then - I just started testing Van and considering builds. And speaking of testing, SP and MP are very different - but the beginning of the game, when you are conquering indies, is the same. So you'll definitely want to run test games to make sure your build is getting you off to a fast enough start to get your share of provinces.
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

I'd like to join with EA Ulm as they also had a few chances.

I have quite a bad history with no diplo games as a few in here might remember, but that was due to an abnormal amount of stress - I'm having more time for my games again now so I'm quite confident that I'll manage to remember the rules
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:39 AM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossa View Post
I have quite a bad history with no diplo games as a few in here might remember, but that was due to an abnormal amount of stress - I'm having more time for my games again now so I'm quite confident that I'll manage to remember the rules
Lol, I remember reading something about that. Welcome to the game.
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM

Sergeant

tratorix is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see if this CBM has made Agartha usable.
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Major General

Welcome! We just need one more player.

I spent some time looking at maps yesterday but haven't found anything yet. Ideally I'd like 65-75 provinces with perhaps a few water provinces to break up the terrain. I should note that Sixlands is a very good map but I've played so many games on it that I'd like something else. Suggestions are welcome. Also, I'm willing to edit another map if there's a section of larger map that would fit our purposes.