.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Amazingly hard

Anybody else had real problems playing Russia mid 41 it is incredibly difficult in my view with a tank formation. There is the problem of low morale & experience but really its the speed of the tanks that cripples you as end up pretty much following doctrine heading out with a plan & being stuck with it.
Playing with mixed Companys of T-26s & T-28s but due to the speed (5 hexes tops) no matter how far out I detect incoming German forces getting in position to meet them is more luck than judgement. Outflanking is neigh on impossible bringing your superior numbers to bear is difficult enough & then theres the old 5cms to worry about.
Turns out its not the extra punch of the T-34s I am missing but there ability to get in a position to be useful. The fact large parts of Russia are somewhat lacking in scenery only compounds the problem of trying to get in position for an effective shot while the Panzers mill ominously around you. And just to make matters worse the troops go handgrenade vs tank means run like hell still they might just get his attention for a moment.
Very much a case of trying to hang in there till the factorys get the T-34s rolling out but I fear it may be to late.