Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old July 1st, 2015, 07:00 PM

Corporal

Wiking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

I wondered if it was a MOBHACK quirk or an oversight, but glad to hear its just the former. I'm hoping to getting around to playing with the helicopters soon, its just been really hectic the past couple months. I pretty much haven't touched any other games except MBT so I could focus on Das Reich.

After skirmishing against the Americans, I really really really appreciate all the integral AA in the 35 OOB. I'm used to fighting third rate or second rate forces (or Soviets at worst) so you're kinda getting me out of my comfort zone with this mod!

Regarding your comment about the slaughter of a couple platoons versus multiple Soviet companies, I specifically toned down my armor usage because of that! Something interesting has resulted from it: I am using smaller companies (and in the case of the Kaisertigers I bought a company and trimmed it to just one combat platoon and the leadership element for rallying) and somehow managed to lose one against a Pershing (side shot on the turret I think). That was like 130 points lost right there! That and the loss of a Panther J elsewhere meant I was actually pushed from a Decisive to a Marginal Victory!

I'd sort of noticed this before in MBT where losing valuable units hurts more than in WW2, but I think the expensive toys of Das Reich really brought it home for me. I feel this is a good thing; you have the best stuff but replacements really are not up to snuff and its a ton of points for your enemy! Incidentally, that Kaisertiger's replacement crew is 58 experience and 60 morale! Thankfully they'll probably live long enough to improve, but infantry and others may not be so fortune...
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:45 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

"Regarding your comment about the slaughter of a couple platoons versus multiple Soviet companies, I specifically toned down my armor usage because of that! Something interesting has resulted from it: I am using smaller companies (and in the case of the Kaisertigers I bought a company and trimmed it to just one combat platoon and the leadership element for rallying) and somehow managed to lose one against a Pershing (side shot on the turret I think). That was like 130 points lost right there! That and the loss of a Panther J elsewhere meant I was actually pushed from a Decisive to a Marginal Victory!"

Yep. You have to be careful with them. That is the downside to all the tech.. Glad to hear someone can blow them up. Makes you think, eh? Those machines would have been real monsters on the battlefield. I'm thinking of designing some Russian heavies so the Russkies have more of a chance.
Old July 1st, 2015, 08:06 PM

Corporal

I suspect they would have been rather less impressive if we could model all the "soft" factors like maintenance, the inability to cross wooden bridges and general reliability. But I agree, they are quite fearsome as is. I enjoy them but do not feel invincible.

I'm all for bolstering the Russians, though I actually picked the Americans as my opponents for their heavier equipment and higher morale and experience. If possible, consider porting some of the Soviet monsters you come up with to the Chinese as well, they'd probably appreciate having something more exciting than a T-54 for most of the 1960's and 1970's...
Old July 3rd, 2015, 08:29 PM

Captain

Exclamation Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

BETA TEST

Update!

I've done the Russians a little favour in providing them with the IS-7. I've also revised the German tanks a little. Will provide you with the new files tomorrow.
Old July 4th, 2015, 12:02 AM

Corporal

What were the changes to the German armor, if I might ask?
Old July 4th, 2015, 01:44 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Am I just not seeing them or did the Horton Ho-229 and H.XVIII "Amerika Bomber" not make the cut?

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old July 4th, 2015, 01:30 PM

Captain

One of the flying wings is included as an icon but I have not got any space for it in the dedicated OOBs. I will probably put it into the Green OOB along with a few other odds and sods that could do with being implemented but were not high priority.

BETA TEST:

"Update 04.07.2015" (see post from yesterday) is now available to download from the usual link.

Please, when you have time, tell me what you think of the Russian OOB changes mentioned in the readme and try the new tanks (four of them) out against the bigger Tigers as well as the regular German tanks. The main gun packs a nice enough punch. Penetrating the side armour on the bigger Tigers is still your best bet. The tanks can also absorb quite a bit of punishment but are not invincible.

Also take a good look at the German gun stats.

Enjoy!
Old July 4th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Corporal

There's no LBM picture for the T-7M or the IS-7, not sure if you hadn't gotten one together yet or what. Thought I'd mention it I'll be looking this over today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wiking For This Useful Post:
Old July 4th, 2015, 03:03 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiking View Post
There's no LBM picture for the T-7M or the IS-7, not sure if you hadn't gotten one together yet or what. Thought I'd mention it I'll be looking this over today.
Ooops! Forgot that. Posted it up under "missing lbm".
Old July 4th, 2015, 03:05 PM

Corporal

Thanks!