.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 15th, 2008, 08:04 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Paging the Giants Jotunheim

You have an urgent message regarding world domination.
Please report to the courtesy center for a message!
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paging the Giants Jotunheim

So far, only 2 people have donated 10 pearls apiece in the name of not dying of old age in the immediate future.

The Agarthan people can be patient a short while more. If the situation does get resolved without the use of the pearls, they will be respectfully returned to their donors.
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Captain

Bwaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, keep the gems, consider it a good faith proposal... Less button pressing is good...

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Saber

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Socrates used to say, the best form of government was that in which the people obeyed their rulers, and the rulers obeyed the laws.
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Corporal

Niarg is on a distinguished road

It seems you were not too desperate to dispel after all since until I killed Oceanias god she still had the global enchantment active. I hardly believe that you can have enough gems to cast arcane nexus and yet not enough to cast a simple dispel, you have decieved your way to get the gems required and give nothing back when asked.

Why should we spare the lives of your deceitful people?
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM

Captain

Hmm, I'm curious, please continue...

Saber

Socrates used to say, the best form of government was that in which the people obeyed their rulers, and the rulers obeyed the laws.
Old July 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Niarg said:
It seems you were not too desperate to dispel after all since until I killed Oceanias god she still had the global enchantment active. I hardly believe that you can have enough gems to cast arcane nexus and yet not enough to cast a simple dispel, you have decieved your way to get the gems required and give nothing back when asked.

Why should we spare the lives of your deceitful people?
Pardon me while I feign understanding of your perspective.

The only reason that I didn't take the capital sooner, and end the global VERY early, was because you had 2 armies present, and I assumed your intent was to take the capital - and I was politely heading the other direction into less valuable lands.

So you take your armies, gobble up an impressive amount of territory with little resistance, and then beat me to the capital by 1 turn, getting much more gain than I had realized possible, AND claiming the capital, replete with gem income.

You will note, that previous to my casting, I offered the return of all (20) donated pearls, if the BoT were brought down without the use of my mages. Considering that the BoT was likely cast with at least 80 gems, and possibly over 100, I would have been footing 75-80% of the cost of casting, when it wasn't even hurting me as bad as it could have.

I'll even offer again, to return 15 pearls apiece to the 2 nations whom donated to the dispel. Do not blame me because no one else cared to invest in their own income and survival - just because I offer to perform a service that requires a fee, doesn't mean I am offering to pay the entire fee. If I had gotten 40-50 pearls donated, I would have been quite keen on getting the BoT down, covering half of the casting - and using a turn of my most valued mage's time - out of kindness to the rest of the world who have mostly been supporting of humble little Agartha over these last years.

As for R'lyeh, this is more than laughable. You sent me 10 (or was it 12) D gems to help me feel comfortable being the one who would likely face the bulk of Oceania's elite troops. In the usual terms of mercenary actions, and in simple money paid for services rendered - I agreed to enter the war if I had some D gems to summon Umbrals, you sent them, I attacked Oceania - that contract was fulfilled on both ends. Then you come to me, while sieging the capital that I was a bit eager to claim at that point, and you demand I hand over to you 2 provinces. I only have 5 provinces from that engagement, though I may end up with 1-2 more by the time I face the 200 elite troops that Oceania still has to my south. The rest of the lands were returned to Marignon who has owned them most of the game.

In any case, if you think that 2 provinces are worth 10-12 gems, you're insane. And if you think that refusal to give you 40% of my unimpressive war gains is justification for aggressive action towards Agartha, then you are a danger to everyone who you border, with your reckless warmongering.
Old July 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM

Captain

This is getting better and better, at least there's a little banter going on. I just wish we were playing...

Saber

Old July 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM

BANNED USER

It looks as if Marignon needs to go it alone, as I am used to. Marignon would like to purchase gems, of any kind, but especially astral pearls, for reasons you may be able to speculate on.

I offer 17.5 gold per gem, or 12.5 gp for blood. Please coordinate with me in advance, because while I hope to purchase significant quantities - becuause I need to coordinate the moneys spent.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM

BANNED USER

Speaking of the war with Oceania -

Hmm.. Pardon the wry face - but the two of you are argueing about oceania as if he is dead - whereas I lost another 300 troops, killing 40 of his knights - and still face 170 of them.

Plus another 100 killing ermors 2nd to last army.

I don't mind - over time I will finish off oceania's army (although I am concerned if the ai builds another castle)

But you both picked up 5 territories and castles - whereas if I am lucky I will get back to neutral. A little perspective please!
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:49 AM

Corporal

Niarg is on a distinguished road

Some people have this crazy idea of actually defending their capital so I would hardly say I was conquering lands without resistance. If anyone was doing that it was you, you took some lands to the south and then headed north as soon as you saw any army, why not defeat it when you saw it? Now I am blocked off from aiding you defeating Oceanias last army and you refuse to let me help as it would mean that I would take one or two provinces from you.

Furthermore, as you have cast one of the most powerful globals, I feel that I need to cancel the nap I once held with you, unless you return to each player the gems that you are stealing from them every turn.