.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Private

Ranger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wish List for next patch

Request: Show the name of commanders killed in messages

Quote:
Edi said:

1) We already have that in assassination attempts, spell events like Seeking Arrow etc. We don't need that for battles, since players are expected to keep track of commanders they care about (i.e. significant commanders & mages). If it's some regular bonehead or some common Fire Darter mage with nothing special to go for him, who cares? There's more where those came from.

Battle messages tell only on how many commanders got killed, not who, you have to watch the battle to find out who got killed. My request is to show the name of the commanders when they are killed requardless of how. There are spells and events that can kill commanders and you don't know who go killed.

Example:

"Suddenly an Enormous Bilizzard Appeared out of nowhere and struck the army at location here and xx number of units hit and xx number of units killed."

The spell/event kills commanders and you can't findout who got killed.
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Corporal

Actuarian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edi said:
Actuarian, that particular bug is going to be fixed in the next patch. You're going to see a fairly large amount of the more serious stuff posted into the shortlist thread as soon as I get it organized and formatted to a shortlist friendly format, but like the devs, I also suffer from the condition known as Real Life which entails things like work, girlfriend, friends and a couple of cats. So it'll take a few days now, but then we should have all of the things reported to date shortlisted and Johan and Kristoffer can take a look at them.

Edi
Thaks for the heads up, Edi! I'm looking forward to the update. If you are suffering from real life, you can always ignore your friends and girlfriend, but not your cats. Actually, I've been married for 20 years and I can't remember if you can ignore your girlfriend or not. However, I speak with authority to say that you can ignore your wife and resume gaming after three minutes of intense listening.
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:55 PM

Private

Ranger is on a distinguished road

Show age of Commanders

Show the age of commanders in both the unit and National Overview screen. Age plays an important role in Dom3, it would be nice to know the age of commanders. The game currently only show old age.
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

When viewing a commander, click on "fatigue" to see the age.
If you havent, you should click on everything in that view. The words and the icon pictures. Most of them give info you might want.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:16 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

I have essentially only two big wishes for the next update. One is to have a seperate binary for textmode dedicated servers, which does not need the mesa/glide and SDL libs. It's a pain in the *** to install these libs only because of depency trouble, even though they are not used at all for a dedicated server. If you're not root, you might not even be able to install these libs at all.

I forgot the other request...
Emergency comic relief
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I will second the text-mode server request.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:36 PM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Loren said:
Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Quote:
Szumo said:
I would like if multiple ritual site search spells (Auspex, Haruspex, Dark Knowledge etc.) were automatically cast on different unsearched provinces.
If I understand your request, thats already in the game. You select the appropriate mages, then use shift-M to tell them to cast the search spells automatically every month. They will select the next unsearched province.
I've never seen this happen.
just ran a test, it will infact cycle from lowest number to highest unsearched province.
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

mivayan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wish_For_Blood_Slaves said:
just ran a test, it will infact cycle from lowest number to highest unsearched province.
Szumo's might have wanted to give two mages the shift-M cast hauspex order. The two mages use the same algorithm but ignore each other, so next turn they'll aim for the same unsearched province.

It sounds easy(TM), to keep a list during turn resolution of which province has already been targeted by an 'autocast search spell order', and make sure the next mage doesn't target the same province.

(but I'd rather get a monthly forge command first).
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Personally the most Ive ever kept is two sets of mages working. One on automatic, and the other set so I can select the whole set, select cast, and have them check a specific province. Usually some mountain province up on the front line that Ive just taken and Im hoping for a free castle.

I guess I can see the thing about wanting multiple mages to check different locations. Not sure how it would handle a higher level mage and a lower level mage without getting a new rash of wishlist.
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:38 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Not sure how it would handle a higher level mage and a lower level mage without getting a new rash of wishlist.
We're not talking about automatic site searching by mages moving around, but rather about the site searching spells, so this is not a concern at all.