.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 13th, 2023, 01:27 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCENARIOS!

NEVER heard the "null" sound during scenario creation tests.
ONLY that there seemed to no sound when the mini-drones advanced (Maybe because they were advancing hex-by-hex?) but normal drone sound (i.e. 19) when they fled (multiple hexes).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old June 13th, 2023, 02:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,480 Times in 2,709 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The only way to know what you are hearing is for you to test every sound then tell me which it is because what I am hearing when I hear anything is the normal drone sound FX

Start with Drone19.WAV..... is that what you hear ?
Next try Null.WAV.. is that it ?

Null certainly fits the description of what the two of you were telling me you heard

If it's neither of those then start and the beginning and run every effect until you find the one you hear and then we can trace it back in the code

If I advance a mini drone I hear Drone19.WAV

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old June 13th, 2023, 05:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
US Army and getting touched. The small drones swarmed around some of the dug infantry, got shot at then pulled back; the zap laser gun sound happen on one when the computer pulled it back right before its turn end it.

Go to Game Data / Sounds and click on Null.WAV and tell me if that is the "zap laser gun sound" you are hearing

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old June 13th, 2023, 05:48 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Go to Game Data / Sounds and click on Null.WAV and tell me if that is the "zap laser gun sound" you are hearing
Null.WAV is definitely the the laser gun.
NEVER heard it during my scenario building/testing.

Again ... the only oddity I'm commenting on is a lack of movement sound when the mini-drones advance. Presumably hex-by-hex. Apparently a one hex advance isn't triggering the movement sound to play. Not a big deal, but perhaps worth noting.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old June 13th, 2023, 08:23 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
US Army and getting touched. The small drones swarmed around some of the dug infantry, got shot at then pulled back; the zap laser gun sound happen on one when the computer pulled it back right before its turn end it.

Yes, that is the sound I heard.
Old June 13th, 2023, 08:24 PM

BANNED USER

I check the INI file and listed the Drone sounds as the Drone19 sounds and the Sound folder has that file in there and it plays when I click one it.
Old June 13th, 2023, 10:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK. We have established that we have a mystery to be aware of

I needed to know for sure you were hearing what I thought you were hearing but to add to the joy Suhiir built it and has never heard it and was commenting that the drone sound was not being heard in an advance. You say you heard NULL when a drone retreated. I have seen one(1) drone survive ground fire and retreat. On that one occasion what I heard was the drone sound FX, not Null

If anyone else hears NULL.WAV while using a light drone let us know and if you can get a save game that repeats it all the better

Old June 14th, 2023, 08:30 AM

BANNED USER

If I get it again, I will save it as separate save and forward it on.

Also, I am thrilled to report a P47 took out one of the Alien super tanks. So crazy Null Sound FX or not, that was a great moment in this insane battle. Plus, both P47s managed not to get hit by Stinger SAMs. Good times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post:
Old June 14th, 2023, 02:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There are times with this game that stick with you. I have clear and vivid memories of having my A$$ handed to me in chunks by the AI in an SP1 campaign as the Germans. My carefully built-up core was absolutely savaged by " THE AI AIRSTRIKE FROM HELL" in a January 1945 battle. I have never seen such a concentration of AI air do that much damage before or since and that happened before SP2 was released so we are reaching way back

Old June 14th, 2023, 07:53 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
There are times with this game that stick with you. I have clear and vivid memories of having my A$$ handed to me in chunks by the AI in an SP1 campaign as the Germans. My carefully built-up core was absolutely savaged by " THE AI AIRSTRIKE FROM HELL" in a January 1945 battle. I have never seen such a concentration of AI air do that much damage before or since and that happened before SP2 was released so we are reaching way back
Seen the AI do things smart before with heliborne infantry in a generated battle; it actually skirted the main fighting and hit my rear, catching me off guard; I didn't know it had the force. After that, I was a bit more careful of the AI, which was SP2. This game system has always been a big hit with me, and the stuff you and Andy have done has made it a lot better.

Always fun moments in this game, and sometimes frustration as well. Looking forward to more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post: