.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:19 AM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road
Default [AAR] Ull, Lord of the Open Road

Brief low-down. Slow AAR game, biased towards storytelling rather than game details. Early Age Arcoscephale, Aran, standard setting, six difficult AIs. Expect a new turn every other day or so.

Prologue

There are three great forces that rule the world. Order, emptiness and time. The first is my warden; chains of steel and ropes of magic and other, stronger, bounds of will and words and law. The second is my prison. The void beyond the void, an emptiness not only of space but of self. And time, the greatest of the three? Eventually, it will be my doom as it is all things' doom, but first it will be my delivery.

In time, even the unchangeable changes. In the world a memory fades, a word is forgotten, a language dies. A single strand snaps, a single grain of dust settles in a castle of order. Only a single strand, as thin as spider-silk, in a rope thicker than mountains. It is a pittance, but it is a beginning and for the first time in eons, I can open my eyes.

Turn 1

For a moment, a year or a eon, I see the non-existence of the void; the lightlessness beyond darkness, bereft even of blackness. Then a single pin-prick of light draws my eye and I see the world again. For a brief week I study a single grain of sand before my attention is suddenly drawn eastwards. I _recognise_ this. Even after the tyranny of time, I recognise Mount Cephalos, and at its foot the Lykeion.

I see one of the old holy springs, where men used to sacrifice to me before the Pantokrator's power bound me in the void. A man encased in metal stops by it, sweaty and grimy with dust from the road. He fills his helmet with water and drinks deeply before pouring the rest over his head and I see his name. Eioneus, son of Phalkes.

The Pantokrator's chains binds me too tightly for me to smile. Oh foolish Eioneus, you think your destiny your own, but you have drunk of the sacred water under my gaze and I claim you. You are a pittance, but you are a beginning.