World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 12th, 2024, 06:16 PM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Default Some little odd things

Hello again I think I found some little funny things with the game
The Soviet formation 223 horse artillery has a gun number 352 with the wrong text.
For Italy formation 347 Decimas Mas has Unit 554 with 9 men which doesnt fit on their boat? Also formation 38 italian heavy artillery unit 75 has the wrong text.
Bersaglieri unit 105 has a Brixia mortar, so a company can have a brixia per section or 16 brixias in it which seems to many for a company?
For Great Britian formation 390 colonial infantry can have as infantry unit 571, a section with a boys rifle in it, so the company can have 13 boys rifles in it which seems too many? there are a lot of Great Britian infanty with a boys AT in it should I check to see if other different companies can have to many as well?
German 250 little halftrack start date might be to late. I think you have 1/42 but tank encyclopedia says they were first used in May 1940 in France.
Also something funny I noticed that open gun emplacements often start out turn after turn through a game with suppression while all the other units are just fine cant work out why.
Hope everyone had a happy christmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christocipher For This Useful Post:
Old January 12th, 2024, 10:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Some little odd things

I have copied this and will investigate

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 12th, 2024, 11:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Some little odd things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christocipher View Post
German 250 little halftrack start date might be to late. I think you have 1/42 but tank encyclopedia says they were first used in May 1940 in France..

I'll start with this

The Sd. Kfz 250 was adopted in 1939 to supplement the standard half-track. Production delays meant that the first vehicle did not appear until mid-1941

So May 1940 in France is way wrong.

IDK which " tank Encyclopedia you are looking at but this one
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/n.../sdkfz-250.php
says production did not start until mid 1941

And mid-1941 was only the FIRST vehicle. 1/42 was given BECAUSE by then there were enough in service to justify being there. 20 years ago we had it in 6/41. In 2010 it was changed to 1/42 so there would have been a good reason for that but, I don't keep a detailed record of every change but it would not have been made on a whim.

The bottom line is sometime between mid 1941 and the start of 1942 they started being used on the front and we pushed it back to 1/42 because there we too few to count until then as that was pre-series testing

The rest I will look at before the next release.....whenever that might be

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 13th, 2024, 02:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Some little odd things

Quote:
Also something funny I noticed that open gun emplacements often start out turn after turn through a game with suppression while all the other units are just fine cant work out why.

I have dealt with most of those, the ones that needed dealing with but this last one requires more info from you

Do you have a save game showing this?

Which "open gun emplacement" exactly have you seen do this ? Was there one particular nation?

I do not know if this is a "fortification" class or........??? Were these units under fire or no??

So I need a save game if possible or just more info on the unit type and class and an example from MOBhack with unit number would be helpful because you are the only one to have reported something like this and given the number of years the game has been in service this is a little odd so I need more info that you gave to test

Old January 13th, 2024, 02:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:

I have dealt with most of those, the ones that needed dealing with but this last one requires more info from you

Do you have a save game showing this?

Which "open gun emplacement" exactly have you seen do this ? Was there one particular nation?

I do not know if this is a "fortification" class or........??? Were these units under fire or no??

So I need a save game if possible or just more info on the unit type and class and an example from MOBhack with unit number would be helpful because you are the only one to have reported something like this and given the number of years the game has been in service this is a little odd so I need more info that you gave to test

I took a stab in the dark and it looks like I can recreate this using German Unit 411 ( 8.8cm Gun Empl ) but more info would be helpful. If you can remember if this is something you noticed long ago or just recently that would be helpful too

Old January 13th, 2024, 03:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

More questions.......... were these emplacements of yours manually or auto deployed?

Old January 13th, 2024, 06:49 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

More info on emplacements and suppression.

I've noticed this as well.
I'd assumed it was due to being out of command range of the "0" unit in the formation.
But it seems emplacements/fortifications start every turn with minor amounts of suppression (2-5) most of the time.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 13th, 2024, 08:23 PM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road

Wow thanks for taking the time to look at these things I know they are only little and you are busy.

I will give you web sites sorry I was vague with just the name. I am embarrassed I will try to research better it was this sight

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/n.../sdkfz-250.php that says 250 first used in France.

I looked a lot more and also found this. Yes you are right there were some preproduction models they are called Sd.Kfz. 250 0-Series then there is the mass produced model which is called the Sd.Kfz. 250 Auf A or Auf B. Mass produced models Auf A and Auf B began Production in June 41 with 39, then 53 in July and 46 in August and 53 in September and about the same for the rest of the 1941 months. Maybe they got mostly held in the factories but some did appear in Russia and Africa. it says that anyway here.
https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/22205/Image85.jpg
It looks like 15 0-Series got built Some might have got to france as they might be built before the Auf As and Auf Bs.
In this thread someone says a small number got built in 1940 thats probably the 0-Series.
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=136557

Somehow I have in my head that the 0-Series went to Africa with Rommel, but I cant find anything about that.

Um thats what I thought looked funny the emplacements can start off with some suppression and it returns when you get rid of it the next turn. It is with the German and Italian gun emplacements so far and seems to be for any gun emplacement that is just a pit with the gun dropped in so Im pretty sure it happened with the 105 german dug in gun as well. Yes it happens before they are shot at and before they can see any enemy which is why i thought it looked wrong because all the other units are just fine. I dont know if its fortification class but you can only buy them if you are a defender. I will try to understand mobhack. I have seen it happen a few times since i started playing. I put them in place myself and they were in range of there boss unit, some sometimes were attached to somebody else. I had another problem as well but with bunkers I put a AT gun behind a MG bunker to protect it from tanks but the mg bunker made smoke that blocked the AT guns view. Would it be maybe possible to have mg bunkers not make smoke?

Also I found a funny formation its ANZAC formation 297 I think called independant company I bought it as the support units in a campaign and for all the people in it the numbers go from 0 to about 28 instead of reseting to 1 after the alphabet letter changes. But if OI just buy it in a battle then the numbers reset for each different alphabet letter like they are meant to.
I dont sorry have any save games these games are from when I first started playing and are finished.
Old January 13th, 2024, 11:30 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had another problem as well but with bunkers I put a AT gun behind a MG bunker to protect it from tanks but the mg bunker made smoke that blocked the AT guns view. Would it be maybe possible to have mg bunkers not make smoke?
Just turn smoke off for the bunker.
Right click on the MG Bunker, where it lists "Smoke Ammo" it should say ":sd #" in brown, left click in the ":sd #" and it should turn blue, the smoke is now turned off.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old January 13th, 2024, 11:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I tried a test where I bought 6 emplacements and just auto deployed them and all but one showed suppression by turn 2

I tried another where I manually placed them and I kept them more or less close together by formation and they did not show supression to turn 6 when I stopped testing for the night so it may have to do with how close the subordinate units are from the command unit but testing is still ongoing