.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old August 2nd, 2019, 03:59 AM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Italian Long Campaign

Turn 23

3rd Company, 1 of the Heavy ATGs have been destroyed, after critically damaging 1 of the Matildas. The remaining Matilda has also run out of AP rounds. It's a fight to the finish, and I rush my M-13/40s to the rear of the Matilda, hoping for a lucky shot. My M-13/40s have PEN 6, vs the Matilda Rear ARM 6. In one of those Benny Hill skits, there was alot of sound and fury, but we could only immobilise the EN Matilda. Good enough.

H Platoon and I platoon have teamed up to immobilise the remaining Matildas. As you can see, it required alot of smoke.

Over at 2nd Company, we have begun advancing against the EN infantry. With effective artillery bombardment, the EN started to crumble.

Old August 2nd, 2019, 04:08 AM

Sergeant

Battle Report

Unlike the earlier battles, we didn't destroy all of the EN tanks but their advance was effectively stopped once all their infantry routed.

The 75mm ATGs were size 3, and were discovered much too easily. Once spotted by the EN, they became the biggest target, and were not recovered easily. Lost the Heavy ATG section before end of battle.

As for the 25mm ATGs, they were largely quiet and were only shooting at Bren carriers.

Reviewing the battle, I think I've better management of my HMGs in this one, which allowed me to dominate over the EN infantry advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:04 AM

Sergeant

Next engagement was an Advance against UK. It's still 1st year of the war, I think December 1940. Operation Compass, I guess

1 company will go along the road, with my tanks and quickly exploit the EN rear.

The other 2 companies will move along the lower ground and hopefully their approach march is likely to be concealed. My HMGs will follow these 2 companies, on cavalry transports.

Since it's an Advance, we'll likely meet not more than 2 infantry companies, a tank section or 2 and some medium mortars. The UK 3 inch mortars have very poor range, so if they reveal their positions early, I can always plaster them with return fire.

Unfortunately, no air recon to help spot targets.

Old August 6th, 2019, 12:09 AM

Sergeant

Turn 5

1st Company's lead scouts receive EN infantry fire. Our Company HMG move off the road to provide suppressive fire, while our tanks move forward to engage the infantry. The lead platoon (J) prepare to peel off to clear the elevated ground. I Platoon move forward to take lead position along the road.

Turn 9

EN tanks are spotted along the road, some 1.2km away. These are the MkIVs, their main gun is only a 0.5 Cal HMG. So they don't pose a threat to my tanks. The EN's front platoon is on the run, I expect to see more resistance concealed on the higher ground.

Old August 6th, 2019, 12:11 AM

Sergeant

Turn 9

2nd Company has reached its Form Up Point without much resistance. The EN has probably not spotted them yet and are fully concentrated on 1st Company. Our HMGs are deployed. The first EN artillery are some 3 inch mortars, which we have spotted some puffs of smoke.

Turn 12

Once 2nd Company crested the ridgeline, we were met with sporadic EN infantry fire. This was probably around a platoon size, which was overwhelmed pretty quickly.

Old August 6th, 2019, 12:14 AM

Sergeant

Turn 11

3rd Company is getting engaged with EN HMG as well. There's probably 1 EN company infantry in strength just above us.

Turn 13

3rd Company crested the ridgeline and found themselves in sudden close firefight with the EN infantry. Our HMGs work frantically to keep the EN suppressed. The plan is simple from here.

Old August 6th, 2019, 12:19 AM

Sergeant

Turn 17

This was nearing the end. The EN has broken in 3rd Company's sector and its more of a mop-up operation from hereon. I expect some EN resistance on the plateau but probably not more than a platoon size.

Battle Report

A rather breezy battle overall. My worst loss was a HMG section that fell prey to the EN HMGs.

The Following User Says Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old August 7th, 2019, 02:37 AM

Sergeant

I've played about 3 more battles ahead. Things are rather slow going. It's just January of 1941. It'll be another 7 more months before we hit Eastern Front.

Is the same back and forth with the UK getting abit stale? If yes, I'll update this thread again once we hit a different country or else Soviets.
Old August 7th, 2019, 02:32 PM

Private

Kritkeen is on a distinguished road

I'd love to see how Italians fare against Soviets but that doesn't mean your AARs against other countries are boring or anything like that. It is up to you, as long as you enjoy writing these, I, for one, will be reading them.
Old August 7th, 2019, 11:13 PM

Sergeant

Advance battle against UK.

I've decided to add a section of 60mm mortars to each of my infantry companies. They can be used in either direct or indirect fire role, most likely the former, since they will be placed near to the company commander.

Usually for Advance missions, I'll plot some smoke along the route of advance, so that my leading scouts can move fast through the smoke. In this battle, my force will largely advance along the road, and upon contact, break off to engage them.

The air recon provides additional eyes over the immediate front. I don't like my air recon going too deep, in case there's EN AAA.