.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 21st, 2006, 06:49 AM

Private

Quietly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Its a Indy Knight Revelution!

I really don't like Order/Misfortune anymore, the bad events are very severe... had a midsized game vs 6 comps, took 2 capitols and then had 2 and a half other ai's fight me along with the remnants... just as I am stamping out the nations whose capitols I took, on consecutive turns, I get HUGE barbarian hordes hitting 2 of my capitol provinces, easily dispatching 25+ pd in both... sieging me and draining my income. I had to pull my forces back from the front lines, and give up half my empire to save those 2 capitol provinces... it was quite a swing... for now if I have 0 pts and order / fortune in balance, I leave it that way for the most part.
Old October 21st, 2006, 09:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Its a Indy Knight Revelution!

Actually that’s a good thing. Misfortune 3 was almost no brainer in Dom2. This time around you need to think good if you really want those design points.

Btw. you always want to have some forces patrolling your castles at all time. I usually get 1 commander and start buying troops for him and, when he can't lead anymore, send him to the front. While he waits he patrols castle with his forces and catches spies, kills unrest and helps PD against those barbarian hordes. Make sure you position his troops in a way that will let PD takes most losses. Non-castled provinces are harder to defend though so Misfortune 3 is a big risk.