.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 17th, 2006, 10:58 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

.. and they are both great strategy games.

Welcome mac5732 to these forums. I saw you in SE4 forums.
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Private

desertdawgs is on a distinguished road

Well, bad news for me today. Seems I'm going to New Orleans for a month. Starting Oct. 2nd! I hope my preorder comes through the US mail service and I don't have to sign for the package. If it goes well they'll deliver the game through my mail slot and I'll get when I come home. If it goes badly then they'll return the game to the sender as "undeliverable". Any body ordered a Shrapnel Game and know how it will be delivered. If the package is small enough they'll slip through the mail slot and into my house.
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:32 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
desertdawgs said:
Well, bad news for me today. Seems I'm going to New Orleans for a month. Starting Oct. 2nd! I hope my preorder comes through the US mail service and I don't have to sign for the package. If it goes well they'll deliver the game through my mail slot and I'll get when I come home. If it goes badly then they'll return the game to the sender as "undeliverable". Any body ordered a Shrapnel Game and know how it will be delivered. If the package is small enough they'll slip through the mail slot and into my house.
Bad luck.

I believe it will be the size of the manual (Cd's r inside), unfortunately the manual is 300 pages. So it sounds pretty big.

Don't know if u have this in the US but in the Uk we have a postal service called, keepsafe. It is very cheap, if u go away or on holiday the postal service store all yr mail at the sorting office. They then deliver it all on a pre-arranged date, I always say the day after I get back, just to be safe.

Worth checking out perhaps?
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:25 PM

Private

VanderVecken is on a distinguished road

Ah, yes SE:IV, I'm sure that MOO2, or even Civ2 and Civ3 combined have less logged time than SE:IV on my computers over the years. Looks like Dom3 has chance to usurp the champ, although only time will tell. That SE:V and Dom3 are so closely released will keep me very busy during my upcomming free-time and keep my wife mad at me for some time into 2007 I believe. (because her and my definitions of free-time a kind of different, hehehe.)
P.S. Daughter now likes Lions and Tigers and Hydra (guess which Nation I've been playing in the Dom2 Demo ?
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:22 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Maybe you can request shrapnel to send your copy to you in New Orleans!!
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:50 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

Hi there Daynar, was wondering where you wandered off to, havn't seen you in the forum for quite awhile, now I know your out gathering Behemoths, pale riders, and searching for gems for world domination Good to see your still around,

Gandolf, hows it going? I see you still drop in over at the seiv forum now and then, nice to see you again to.

PS. are there any brewskis in this here forum

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old September 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I read the seiv forum every day but I dont post much. The reactions just dont feel the same there as in other forums.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:10 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

its quieted down somewhat over time... i would guess it'll pick up again after V comes out. BUt there are still a lot of us there, even some of the old timers still post and hang out there and we still see new members and players showing up, that says a lot and its very generous of Shrapnel to leave the forum up and running, says a lot about their company and the type of people they are (terrific, even if Tim likes Chain Mail Ladies ) You can't ask for a better game company, that not only supports its games but encourages its players. Its more of a family type atmosphere there and here... You don't find that in most companies these days. They are just beautiful people....

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old September 21st, 2006, 06:38 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
mac5732 said:
its quieted down somewhat over time... i would guess it'll pick up again after V comes out. BUt there are still a lot of us there, even some of the old timers still post and hang out there and we still see new members and players showing up, that says a lot and its very generous of Shrapnel to leave the forum up and running, says a lot about their company and the type of people they are (terrific, even if Tim likes Chain Mail Ladies ) You can't ask for a better game company, that not only supports its games but encourages its players. Its more of a family type atmosphere there and here... You don't find that in most companies these days. They are just beautiful people....

Actually it is not only Shrapnel, but the community. I haven't seen such a mature gaming board like this ever in my life. All gaming related forums are full with childish posts, but not this forum...well at least not the Dominions forums.
This is why I like the people on these forums, they are helpful and mature.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 21st, 2006, 10:48 AM

Major

Caduceus is on a distinguished road

Kind of reminds me of how the Internet used to be.