Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM

Private

Gud is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion: country threads

Hello folks, some of You may know me...yes it's me, Gud, ever-persistent OOB bug finder

I humbly suggest to establish a sticky thread for each country and post OOB coorection / enhancment stuff there. I have a growing list of things for many OOBs - give me a week or two and I'll start to churn them out...
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion: country threads

Good idea, oke.

troopie
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:23 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
troopie said:
Good idea, oke.

troopie
Good idea - I was expecting UK OOB stuff to hang off the fixed one forex.

When I have time I may well do just that, and probably then have to move sub-threads to under the appropriate thread.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 25th, 2005, 02:55 AM

Corporal

Shadowcougar is on a distinguished road

I agree that there needs to be threads for each nation. I have some questions about the US OBB.
here are a couple of them.

I was wondering why the Nation Guard does't a Cav Unit. Each NG brigade has a Cav troop or more but you cab only buy the Regulad Army one.

I was wondering why the Nation Guard does't a Engineer Unit either.

Have lived in a town that has a NG engineer company and having gone by the Cav troop HQ while driving a tractor trailer.

was windering...
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM

Corporal

Pergite is on a distinguished road

Country Threads sounds like a very good idea indeed. I have started to sort out Swedens OOB, but it would be easier to join up with some more players and share the load, and I guess you all feel the same.

I have gotten tired with unit pictures from the early 80´s when playing "modern" battles. A game as good as this really deserves to get perfect.

Old July 7th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Private

shilka is on a distinguished road

As others I have grown tired on missing LBMs or pictures in some nations. There is also some OOBs that raise some question marks in my attention. Hopefully this can be fixed or answered in the future.

N Korea Obat19 there you can find Armour and SPA artillery under armour. And still find the same SPA artillery under Artillery. SPAA sections you find under armour too, but not under Artillery. Unit 043 M1983 SPAA no LBM, Unit 086 30mm GG AA-Gun No LBM. Also in section Armour and Tanks. The T-80U/T-2002 are unlikely to be used principally as CS tanks If ever fielded. If there are any possibilitys to find out more fact about these tanks when it comes to their ammunition payload I would be grateful.

Iraq Obat17 (Saddam Èra Jan-May 2003) Unit 044 Type 80 (57-2) no LBM. Unit 175 122mm Sddm Pl off-map No LBM. Weapons Team No LBM. I also want to question all experts inside here if anyone more then I did see when the Unmaned ULAV was engaged by a Shilka system in the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom? That ZSU-23-4 Shilka fired a SAM against that ULAV that missed, so I wonder if anyone knows anything about any Iraqi Shilkas been upgraded, like the Russian ZSU-23-4M1 Shilka?

China Obat14 there are some new armour on its way if not allredy fielded by the PLA. Great page to update any knowledge about the PLA and their weaponsystems.
LINK:
http://www.sinodefence.com/army/default.asp

Russia Obat11 Here there are some missing LBMs that would make that Obat even greater. light Helicopter Ka-60 Kasatka.
LINK:
http://www.airforce-technology.com/p...60/ka_601.html

NVA/Vietnam Obat23 Mechanised Infantry 10 men - Light Infantry 9 men. Two of 5 APCs can make the NVA troops Mechanised. Type YN 531 and M113VN. The three others can only carry the light Infantry Units. BMP-1, BMP-1(-) and K63 APC. Perhaps something to look over?

Ukraine's leading enterprise involved in the development of battle tanks and other tracked and wheeled armoured vehicles, Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau (KMDB) got a great page where all WHAT IF builders can find information about upgrades that you can do with your Obats when building your former obsolite tank forces stronger.
LINK:
http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/index.php?menu=def2.php

Respectfully:
Shilka
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion: country threads: lbms

I know someone here is on to a long-term project of rebuilding the whole LBM database, with higher accuracy concerning AFV versions, aircraft markings, country squads and other specificities...
The project was at obat 028 Netherlands lately.

I guess he should be around quite soon when seeing this.

Come on Cus, you're needed here!

Regarding some orbats, I also have the project of adding some unofficial icons, particularly on Chinese and NKR hardware. Also a long-term project, so probably there will be some official upgrade until that time.
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:44 PM

Private

shilka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion: country threads: lbms

That sure sounds great PlasmaKrab!

Most Sincerly:
Shilka
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road

I would like to suggest two future countries Georgia and Union of Myanmar or more commonly known as Burma. Why I am not satisfied with Red is that when playing generated campaigns you get a lot of what neither of the country got in their inventory Irl against you and as such the feeling is not the same. I understand if someone then goes ahead and says well build your own maps and missions and put those into a campaign and play it like that. Time issue; why not solve this with two useful new countries that are more likely to be funnier to play or meet in battle then some others truly obscured nations currently found in the obbs.

4x23-mm of love to yeah all keeping this game alive

Peace!
Old May 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

A seperate folder with threads by country/OOB # for corrections, new photo's, etc sounds like a great idea.

I'd suggest adding a note that this is for "corrections" and "enhancements" ONLY not discussion.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein