.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 7th, 2003, 11:18 PM

Corporal

Yojinbo is on a distinguished road
Default Rondom Events Question

I just started a new SP game as Ermor and for variety I decided to go with +3 luck. I quickly grabbed 2 other provinces and then worked on research.

For the first few turns, I got tons of good events in provinces. But then it all stopped. It began again in new provinces that I conquered.

Is there a limit (in I and II) to the number of "good" events that can happen in a given province?
Old October 8th, 2003, 12:14 AM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rondom Events Question

In my Last SP Dom1 game, I had a +1 luck, neutral order dominion. In my home province (Atlantis), I had a gold mine, silver mine, and ore mine discovered over the course of 8 turns. Combined with my +3 growth scale and the fact that Atlantis can patrol with Tritons (10GP fliers) this got me 899GP/turn there Then I kept getting +100, +200, and +500 gold events in nearby provinces.

This doesn't really answer your question... but I know that in a previous games when I had luck and only my home province for quite a while, I kept getting good events in the home province. So I don't think there is any sort of limit. But I'm pretty sure that the number of events is not proportional to the number of provinces, at least above a certain level - in other words, having 60 provinces, in my experience, gives you about the same number of events as having 30 provinces, but having 2 provinces probably gives you twice as many as just having 1 province.

It sounds like your temporary absence of events was just due to luck.

-Cherry