.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old January 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Winnowing

true
Old January 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not as newbly as anticipated

Quote:
TheWatcher said:
Actually, I'm going to drop out, everyone. I'm not good enough to play with Peacekeeper: the three multiplayers we've played together, it's been pretty clear he's way above me in terms of skill and strategy. I'll open another slot for a better player. I don't even really have a good enough grip on the game to play multiplayer yet, anyway.
Watcher, I would recommend you not drop out. There is always going to be division in skill level, even in a newbie game. To back out because of it is to deny yourself a great chance at experience. You think Peace is really that good? Ok, then join the game and do the diplomacy to form an alliance against him. It is a skill you will very much need in coming MP games - because even when you are an experienced player, thats does not always mean you are the strongest. You have to know how to function when in both favorable and unfavorable conditions.
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road
Default another \"experienced\" newbie

I've only been in 4 MP games, so if you don't mind and need to fill up the game, I'll join too. I'll take Ulm or Arco, or Man if Watcher decides to drop (which he shouldn't, the more the merrier). If you have enough, that's fine too, I can wait for the next one to start.
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

OG_Gleep is on a distinguished road
Default Re: another \"experienced\" newbie

Hrm I'm going to play them as a peace loving nation for my first game. Let me know when we are going to start.

Question on Diplomacy....is there some sort of ettiquite guide? Or some guideline on how we should act? Is it accepted that deals are set in stone? Or do you normally have to watch out for backstabbing? Basically what should someone new to the community expect?
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:03 PM

General

Default Re: another \"experienced\" newbie

I dont think there is any ettique quide out there for diplomacy. Just get in touch with people however you can and make some deals. Many of the players in this game also spend time in IRC, which is an ideal place to talk and trade. As for whether to expect backstabbing: I've found the dom2 community to be relatively free of that. Occassionally deals will fall through or allegiances will change but even in those cases players usually give a token warning that the shift is immiment.
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:10 PM

General

Default Game Status

Due to the number of players who have responded, I have decided to change the map from Aran to Inland. (I believe Inland also comes with the game? someone correct me if not). This will give each player a bit more room to expand, which I think will be very helpful for the newer players.

As for the game start: I will bring the server up for pretender upload sometime this Monday. Players will then have until Thursday at midnight to upload thier pretenders. If your pretender is not in by then, you will be out of luck. So start preparing now!
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:32 AM

Private

TheWatcher is on a distinguished road
Default TheWatcher will play

I appreciate the encouragement. I'll play in the game, but I'll play as Ulm. That way Shmonk can play as Man.

I know Ulm is pretty untenable late-game, but it'll be fun stomping independants early on!
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:36 AM

Corporal

castigated is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TheWatcher will play

yay! i encourage you further!

<font color="orange">???</font> - God of <font color="orange">???</font> in RAND2
<font color="purple">Helios</font> - God of <font color="red">Marignon</font> in The Animal Kingdom
<font color="white">Senator Jargramar</font> - God of <font color="blue">R'lyeh</font> in The Senate of Dragons
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:58 AM

Private

TheWatcher is on a distinguished road

Careful, too much encouragement and I might go crazy and take a Mountain Citadel.... hmm...

Oh, and if it's okay, a friend of mine wants to get in on this as Arcoscephale--he says he'll make an account tomorrow. Clearly, his race will have Sloth-3
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

OG_Gleep is on a distinguished road

If you want Vanhiem I'll take Ulm. They are familiar to me so I'd actually do better probably. Up to you on that one bud.