Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM

Corporal

paulo is on a distinguished road
Default Playing A Battle

Ive just started playing battles. When I change the number of turns to say 12 the game does not stop there, it keeps going. I'd appreciate any feedback on why this would happen. Thanks
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:39 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playing A Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo View Post
Ive just started playing battles. When I change the number of turns to say 12 the game does not stop there, it keeps going. I'd appreciate any feedback on why this would happen. Thanks
If you mean, after turn 12 game is still rolling,IIRC it gets extended when neither side has captured some v-hexes or caused some damage to the opponent.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

This is what the game guide says:

The game ends at about the number of turns given for a game or scenario. Consider the number of game turns an indicator only, except for PBEM games and scenarios. The game will end early if one side is thoroughly routed, or completely destroyed, and the other side has gained all the victory hexes.
The game (apart from PBEM games and scenarios) will end if the number of turns has been met, check the objectives held and grant victory, but it first makes an 'engagement check' to see if healthy forces of the enemy are reasonably close to any disputed hexes. If it decides the objective is in dispute, it can add extra turns onto the notional game length. This is an added feature, please do not write in reporting this as a bug, it is not, it is a design feature.

Cross
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM

Corporal

paulo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help.
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM

Private

Artofwar is on a distinguished road

Whats so great too is if you make a battle with say 35 turns like I like to do so I can take my time and sneak around and scope things out ... Instead of having a General breathing down my back telling me to hurry up and get my boys shot up and end the war...... anyway, if the battle is say 35 turns and by turn 20 I capture all the hexes... the battle ends which is nice too. It may end in this fashion because either all the hexes are captured and or because the enemy is all shot up AND all the hexes are caputered. But its great how they tweaked all this stuff. Many thanks to the developers designers pros whatever they are called.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artofwar View Post
Whats so great too is if you make a battle with say 35 turns like I like to do so I can take my time and sneak around and scope things out ... Instead of having a General breathing down my back telling me to hurry up and get my boys shot up and end the war...... anyway, if the battle is say 35 turns and by turn 20 I capture all the hexes... the battle ends which is nice too. It may end in this fashion because either all the hexes are captured and or because the enemy is all shot up AND all the hexes are caputered. But its great how they tweaked all this stuff. Many thanks to the developers designers pros whatever they are called.
It get's even better when try some of the scenarios and user made campaigns.
Then when you feel confident enough should try playing pbem.