This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM

Private

enfield is on a distinguished road
Default Toggle Off On-Screen Combat Results?

Evening gentlemen -- a WinSPWW2 newbie here but an old grognard. I've scoured the manual and forum on this issue to no avail, perhaps am using the wrong keywords, anyhow, my query: is there a preferences setting, hotkey, toggle, etc to turn off or reduce the on-screen combat results (am patched up to v. 4.0 and current). I've found Fast Artillery and Message Delay, which both help, but if there was a way to screen out minor or "no effect" combat results (all those Mosin-Nagant bullets bouncing off the armor) it sure would speed gameplay. Tiller games accomplish this with Fast AI and other settings, wondering if there's something similar in WinSPWW2. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is an old much discussed topic.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:13 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toggle Off On-Screen Combat Results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
Evening gentlemen -- a WinSPWW2 newbie here but an old grognard. I've scoured the manual and forum on this issue to no avail, perhaps am using the wrong keywords, anyhow, my query: is there a preferences setting, hotkey, toggle, etc to turn off or reduce the on-screen combat results (am patched up to v. 4.0 and current). I've found Fast Artillery and Message Delay, which both help, but if there was a way to screen out minor or "no effect" combat results (all those Mosin-Nagant bullets bouncing off the armor) it sure would speed gameplay. Tiller games accomplish this with Fast AI and other settings, wondering if there's something similar in WinSPWW2. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is an old much discussed topic.
There is no such thing - all combat results are considered equal.

Other than fast arty or reducing message delay, the only other thing to try would perhaps be to turn the sounds off in the preferences screen.

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:49 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Have you adjusted the game for your computer??

On the splash screen select the Misc Tab
Adjust
Scroll Speed
Graphic Delay
Move Delay

Set the last 2 so things happen as fast as you can keep track of them.
If you want to play fast turn blast circles on yellow means it hit so only need to catch message vs vehicles to see if damaged it, results vs infantry are not that important just adds flavour.
Having said that any hit is important for judging suppression level of that unit.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Private

Artofwar is on a distinguished road

While playing yesterday I was wondering the same thing even tiny battles I create go on and on per 1 turn. The following are my overall tweaks to make the entire ensemble better --- eventually I will address your specific question but to jump to the point there is not much one can do that I know of but the overall expierience can be better First, remember that the manual says somewhere you can run the game directly from the excutalbe winSPWW2.exe this enables you to bypass everything and up pops the Scenario List. I put 2 shortcuts on my desktop one that points to this excutable and one that starts it to the main menu.
Then .. you've probably done all these but .. then ya tweak the scroll to your likeing so its not offensive MISC tab under game options screen and fix the other stuff there too for me unit move delay was important keeps things from zooming all over the screen at least when I'm moving..
Oh on the main screen ya set that up like ya want so when ya run it directly from the excutalbe as mentioned above its all set.
Now to actually address your question.... Go to the Preferences screen about page 314 of the manual read up on it ..... thing is you have probably done all of this really not much you can do but Message Delay helps but then if its too fast ya miss the good stuff ....Animation set to off speeds things up but ruins the game Y play it ..with that off but try it .. Maybe tweaking the Animation Level up top slider.. Thats about it .. Well, hope this wasn't a waste of time for ya .. Oh one thing I do when its my turn when I'm trying to take out a tank and I'm tired of my tanks hosing it down with machine gun fire I just shoot at it only with the big gun maybe this keeps the enemy tank(s) from getting suppressed but anyway I press the T key on my keyboard and the N key as necessary to make sure I'm targeting the right unit then I press the T key again then I press the W key on the keyboard up pops that screen and then I choose the right number of weapon to fire for the Big Gun its 1. So its T then T then W then 1 this makes my tank fire only an antitank round at the stupid tank Im trying to take out speeds stuff up when its my turn ......ONE can also turn "off" the machine guns on a tank the explanation of this is buried in the manual too .. I don't micromanage this cause as soon as doing this INF will show up. Hope ya got something out of this boss.
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM

General

Quote:
Oh one thing I do when its my turn when I'm trying to take out a tank and I'm tired of my tanks hosing it down with machine gun fire I just shoot at it only with the big gun maybe this keeps the enemy tank(s) from getting suppressed but anyway I press the T key on my keyboard and the N key as necessary to make sure I'm targeting the right unit then I press the T key again then I press the W key on the keyboard up pops that screen and then I choose the right number of weapon to fire for the Big Gun its 1.
Just how slow have you got the animations playing that takes way more time than watching a few MG bursts just speed them up. Even a busy turn only takes a few minutes to replay once setup.
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Private

I got both hands and a foot on the keyboard when doing this
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:59 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artofwar View Post
I got both hands and a foot on the keyboard when doing this
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Private

Question Re: Toggle Off On-Screen Combat Results?

Hey Enfield I reread the Preferences Screen toggles one can completely turn off the Animation but ALSO at the top there is the Animation Level one can fiddle with Im going to test that one out a few less tracers showing up won't matter and will speed stuff up ...