Notices

Closed Thread

Old November 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kwk 38 cannon or machinegun

Claus,

First of all, I am a true neutral.

Secondly, I am not at all interested in the essence of the topic and I don't personally know neither you or Chuckfourth.

I only wish that the forum remains pleasant for everyone else.

If you or anyone else wish to debate on the subject you are welcome to do so but please avoid calling names.

cheers,
Pyros
Old November 10th, 2006, 04:57 PM

Corporal

TheDesertFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
chuckfourth said:
We have a look at the reference and find that you have twited the text to suit your purposes. ie your story is a bit different now isnt it, apparently they are only "generally" loaded with a HE/AP mix now.
Errm,

This is plain wrong. In the given reference (p.132 Jentz Panzertruppen Vol.1) it is clearly stated: "Magazines were loaded with a one to one ratio of Panzergranaten and Sprenggranaten."

How much clearer do you need it to be ?

cheers
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Gentlemen,

I apologise for posting the following inside this thread (because it may be off topic) but I strongly believe that it might help everyone involved to act accordingly:

copy/paste from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Quote:
In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages.

The term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument ad hominem.

Do not feed the trolls. Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities.

Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding encourages a true troll to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning "Please do not feed the troll", for which PDNFTT is a common initialism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Quote:
An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally argument against the person), personal attack or you-too argument, involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is a logical fallacy.

Therefor I think that everyone is entitled to an opinion whether a person is "trolling" or not and if someone thinks that another person is actually "trolling" then the best thing to do is the following:

...the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding encourages a true troll to continue disruptive posts

cheers,
Pyros

p.s please don't reply to this post because there is no real reason to open a discussion (or an online "trial") whether someone is "trolling" or not. Have respect for everyone inside this forum and try to enjoy your time.
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:35 PM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road

Hi desert fox
I suggest you read the thread before posting. For your benefit Ill repeat what you seem not to have gathered as yet. Claus originally claimed that all magazines were loaded with a HE/AP mix he has since admitted that this is in fact incorrect.
Best Chuck.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:18 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

chuckforth, the post you reply to actually points to the reference where Claus' point was proved.

I am in full agreement with both the responding posters (who happen to be long term members of the SP community and are well known for thier level of research in WW2 history).

I have already posted in this thread what you need to do with Mobhack to change your OOBs to suit your own point of view.

Now, I am really getting fed up of your pointless and repetitive circular arguments about trivia. You have already been warned about this behaviour before.

Consider this your final warning, chuckfourth. Please read and digest the board rules.

This thread will now be closed.

Andy
Closed Thread