Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs vs. Vets III: Revolution, MA, CBM. Game Over. Noobs Triumph! - Page 88 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:17 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets III: Revolution, MA, CBM. Let's get it on!

The game has been conceded by the vets @ turn 35. We will allow the current turn to process so that players may see the results of their last moves and resolve any final battles. I will declare the game finished at turn 36 and removed from the active games list on Llamaserver.

Great job by the vets, they lasted longer than us last game and still had 5 nations technically still alive as turn 35. The vet team put up a brave fight but genocide is no fun. I will be posting a thank you to all those involved in the series in an upcoming post. Feel free to comment or reflect on the game as you see fit.

Hurray for the noob team!

Last edited by Septimius Severus; September 2nd, 2009 at 02:29 AM..
Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:38 AM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets III: Revolution, MA, CBM. Game over. Noobs Triumph!

I haven't followed the threads that much, but I think SS deserves some major kudos. Setting up 3 games on the scale of this is quite an accomplishment, and going the extra mile in each and setting up alternates is probably something that should be done for all games with this many players.

For you Septimus Severus:
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:01 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Yup. Very well done Sept, congrats and thanks for seeing it through!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:06 AM

Corporal

Joelz is on a distinguished road

This was a good game, glad to have participated. Hoping to fight againt you guys on more even terms in the future
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM

Sergeant

TheDemon is on a distinguished road

the whole team learing game concept might benefit from two equal teams with vet captains (or 2 vet captains per team) and mostly noobs. much easier to balance that kind of scenario, and the noobs aren't left to flounder in the dark if they have questions or advice. something to think about for the future.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets III: Revolution, MA, CBM. Game Over. Noobs Triumph!

Yeah, septimius has been considering organizing a game like that in the future. I have to agree, I think it would be a better tool for actual teaching. The noobs vs vets series was fun to play in, and I think all the noobs who've participated in the series have come out of it better players. I want to thank all the vets who have participated in the series. You've been great sports, and gracious both in victory and in defeat.

If anyone is curious, the noob forum will again be opened up for public viewing once the final turn hosts. You may find the pre-game discussion thread a little hard to comprehend this game, as it is basically a whole bunch of pre-game discussion threads thrown together .
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:37 AM

General

Oh... and here is my little excel document of numbers, again if anyone is curious.
Attached Files
File Type: xls NoobsVsVetsIncome.xls (33.5 KB, 92 views)
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:42 AM

Corporal

Raiel is on a distinguished road

Ah... and I finally got my hands on an Adon. I guess I should have deployed one of my Tartarians earlier, too, even if she was undergeared.

It was great fun. Thank you, Septimius! Thank you, Vets! Thank you, fellow noobs!

Personally, I don't think I'll join a team game again, unless the teams are only 3 or 4 players strong. I'm in four other games; I still spent more time on each turn in NvsV3 (reading forums for team mate reports, posting the same, etc...) than in all 4 other games combined. It was fun, but it was a little draining.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Thanks to the vets for playing. Namad certainly did some things I didn't expect, and I was totally unprepared for the badassedness that is Ashdod in our first battle. ('My dai-bakemono archers are awesome, I can take a handful of Sheshai Anakim!... what are Sheshai Anakim?') Yeah...

(To be totally fair to me, the only response I got to that claim was 'they're Ashdod's cheaper sacred' - which did nothing to dissuade me).

I was honestly surprised Namad played as conservatively as he did. I would have rushed straight for one of the n00b players to stop them from building up, probably pushing NE or NW to minimize the amount of front opened up (and it makes possible Ermorian support against that player). If I had been pressed I would have been in poor shape since I needed to get good evocation online to really deal with those giants.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM

General

Actually, I think what I said was that they're ashdod's weaker sacred . And at that point, you guys were already playing and I had to keep my mouth shut.