.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ShatnerMA Noob to Intermediate (Running)

If need be we'll roll back but I'd like to find out how many people stalled last turn. If it's most than we'll roll back.

So post here or pm me if you stalled for turn 7.

Wait, scratch that. I'm going to do a rollback. I just read over on the invasion board and the problem really was wide spread.
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM

Sergeant

Turn rolled back. Please read the following warning text from the Llamaserver to make sure we don't have any snags progressing from here. One thing to note is IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR TURN 7 THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO SUBMIT IT AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH THE GAME'S PAGE SAYS "Waiting for 2h file". THIS IS NOT THE CASE, THE GAME HAS YOUR 2H FILE. Please read below for more details.
A further reason is a difficulty with game file confusion. Imagine turn 10 has just come out, and someone starts to play the turn. Then the game is rolled back to turn 9, and processed again to make a new turn 10. Unless players delete the 2h file they produced from the original turn 10, Dominions will not know to ignore it and may get seriously confused. This can cause a lot of madness, e.g. soldiers becoming commanders and gaining magic paths, and so on. So if you do do a rollback, make sure to remind players to delete their 2h files.

Having said that, there are situations where rollbacks are called for, which is why I've included the option here.

Read this next bit carefully. I seem to be having difficulties explaining it coherently:

Note that once the game is rolled back, it will appear that the game is waiting for 2h files from all players. However, the 2h files from last time the turn was played will in fact be there, and will be used if the game hosts without them being overwritten. This can be useful; often, a game is rehosted in order for only one or two players to retake their turns, while everyone else is expected to make no changes. The game admin can therefore wait till just those players have submitted, and then force hosting. None of the other players will stale (assuming they actually submitted a 2h file last time the turn was played).
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Sergeant

Therefore, if you did get to play your original turn 7 (like I did), let me know. You don't have to resubmit your turn 7 if you don't want to. Once everyone else has submitted I'll force the game to host. Thanks.
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM

Sergeant

triqui is on a distinguished road

I submitted turn 7 and got the "this turn is not valid, we are in turn 8" msj.

I guess this mean I don't need to resend, so I wont. If it's needed, I can resend it, just ask me
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Sergeant

There is only one player remaining who has neither submitted their turn nor confirmed that they don't need to. I'll host the turn after they respond.
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:39 AM

Sergeant

uops. It didn't work for me.
I got stalled :/

Well, that's life. Let's keep the thing moving on.
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Sergeant

Atlantis extends an offer of trade to all land nations. We atlantians reside beneath the ocean and have little interest in going up on land, except to claim those provinces adjacent to our capital. As such, the trade, war and treaties between the dry nations is something we have paid little attention to. We realize, however, that the great wealth of the seas and the great bounty of the land need not be kept separate.

We would happily trade gems or gold for the crafting of a few minor items that lie outside our magical purview. Please PM us if you are interested in discussing the details.
Old November 8th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Sergeant

I have temporarily turned off Quickhost because I've received a request that someone needs to make some revisions to their turn but won't be able to for a few more hours. Since only 1 nation remains to turn in their turn, the turn might automatically host before that happens so I have agreed to turn it off for the time.

Once this is over I'll turn quickhost back on.
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:33 AM

Sergeant

Fine for me.
Just to mention, I'm organizing a Manga Con this weekend. I *guess* I'll have no problem to do the turns late in the night, but it might be helpful if the quickhost is set to 48 hours, so I'll have less chances to miss a turn for a couple hours.
If not possible, there's no problem. As I said, I think I can steal an extra hour of sleep here and there and do the turn
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Sergeant

Quickhost has since been re-enabled.

As far as adding a delay to the hosting, just PM me when you are entering the "I might not make it in 36 hour turn-window" time of your weekend and I'll extend it to 48.