.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old September 15th, 2004, 12:40 AM

Corporal

Steerpike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie Slug Fest - Mose Hansen game - OPEN

The difficult magic research is a major drag. This is the first game I have played with that setting and man it seems to take forever to get anything researched.It must be good for Ulm though.
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:54 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Steerpike said:
The difficult magic research is a major drag. This is the first game I have played with that setting and man it seems to take forever to get anything researched.It must be good for Ulm though.
Yup! The BLACK IRON LORD OF ULM is very pleased.
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:56 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DragonFire11 said:
And as for you Mr. PashaDawg, are you saying that I should go back to the shallow end in the kiddie pool?
Get, thee, Dragonfire11, to the shallow end of the kiddie pool and bring me back a shrubbery.
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:25 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Steerpike said:
Don't forget it is the same for everyone. I too am having problems getting the research done that I want. False horrors? Light years away! Am I am the guy who set it up that way...

Meanwhile, those races with powerful national troops (Ulm anyone?) can get things done easier than the magic-dependent nations. It seems a decent change of pace to me, almost a balancing of typical top races.

I am just glad I am not playing Mictlan, for I think it would hurt that race more than any other. Pickles, what do you think???
Old September 15th, 2004, 04:59 AM

Sergeant

Beorne is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be away today and the next two days. I don't know if i will able to do a turn today at about 16:00 (GMT+1). I know I will do the next turn Friday at 22:00.
I will have as temporary replacement the kind Alneyan for this time.
I'm then asking to you to put (until friday) the quickHost to 24h. I'm sorry, the game is very fast paced.
I think I'll be the next after Ermor to exit, clearly I'm too newbie and winning with my friends doesn't mean I can stand up in an international tourey.
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:50 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

do you mean 24 hours or 48 hours?

I will assume it is a typo and you meant 48. It has been changed.
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:59 AM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

*Sighs* The replacing player cannot replace anything for the moment being. I seem to be back to my usual problem with Dominions via TCP/IP, and cannot log in to the game. It worked fine when I tried two days ago, but it no longer works. The symptom looks quite like the usual "cannot connect" problem with Mosehansen, except that no amount of "connect/disconnect/reconnect" works.

Anybody having the slightest clue about the why of this problem will receive my praises. A similar problem also plagues me with SEIV, and so Dominions is unlikely guilty for it.
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:18 AM

Sergeant

Pickles is on a distinguished road
Default Demise of Ermor

I regret the demise of Ermor (assuming the siege goes OK) but I was already losing dominion to him & that could not be allowed to continue plus he looked weak.

I think that the title of this game is very misleading as in my opinion Panther's 10 game newby criterion means you might not really be a newby at all. Like me & Panther.

I also think these settings are bad for newbies as the game is too intense. I really like the settings but they are not forgiving.

Pickles (Mictlan) feeling like a shark
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:48 AM

Corporal

Steerpike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Demise of Ermor

losing is learning, slightly harsh but you know who says losing cant be fun. I had the biggest bLast holding out against Machaka in my other multi player game. I had but one other province at the time, no troops, a mottly band of priests and about 25 blood gems. These guys all cast summon imp(not the spell orders I gave them by the way) and put a large army to the sword. I think I watched that battle four times. The next time he attacked I found out the hard way that if you want to actually use your blood slaves you have to have them on your priests and not in storage.(duh)A swift death but still good times.
Old September 16th, 2004, 08:54 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Demise of Ermor

I should actually manage to play my turn later today (eight hours or so), assuming I can get Dominions to work on another computer and to actually manage the log in to the server. I do not know how much time is left until next hosting though; do I have enough time to make my turn? As you can guess, Mosehansen is down for me as well.

*Sighs and goes back to smiting Silicona, Goddess of Computers, Hierophant of Networks, Lady of Crashes and Mistress of the Blue Screen of Death*