.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old September 19th, 2004, 01:00 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dragonfire11 pinch-hitting for the Dawg

Quote:
PashaDawg said:
Fiduciary agents = lawyers.

Hee hee. Now... how many of you trust us lawyers? Huh? C'mon ... put 'em up... show us what you got... <turning to The Panther> Hey Engineer-boy! You wanna piece of this? Put 'em up! Or you too busy with your slide rule?
If my daughter becomes a lawyer some day, I wonder if I will then be able to trust lawyers???

NAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:18 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DragonFire11 said:
Oh, but I want to play your game if I die! I will soften the blow to my ego. You have to care and nurture an ego you know. And thanks for blowing the lid on the "fiduciary agent" euphemism. It had such an aura of probity until you yanked back the curtain!
Well, Dragonfire, now that there is an official thread where you can get in line with other applicants, perhaps, after a lengthy stretch of due process and equal treatment, you will prove to be the best man for the job. We at the ULM DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY encourage you to apply. Please take one of those snazzy, short 10-page self-duplicating application forms over there and submit it along with a financial statement and a full disclosure of all actual, putative, constructive and/or contingent conflicts of interest that you have, have had, might have had and/or foresee having in the future. Thank you for your attention to this matter and all other matters to which you give attention.
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:20 AM

General

Quote:
The Panther said:
Quote:
PashaDawg said:
Fiduciary agents = lawyers.

Hee hee. Now... how many of you trust us lawyers? Huh? C'mon ... put 'em up... show us what you got... <turning to The Panther> Hey Engineer-boy! You wanna piece of this? Put 'em up! Or you too busy with your slide rule?
If my daughter becomes a lawyer some day, I wonder if I will then be able to trust lawyers???

NAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Oh - - Panther - - - what kind of engineer are you? Chemical? Electical? Structural? Computer? Sanitation? Choo-Choo? (Ignore me if I am getting too nosey or silly.)
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:29 AM

Major

BS Nuclear and MS electrical. I work at a nuclear weapons research facility, actually. But the nuclear weapons business has been extremely slow since the end of the Cold War. Currently, I have drifted into Program Management for non-proliferation research and engineering efforts, primarily in nuclear radiation detection and characterization.

So, if you kill me in a game, I just might nuke you in return!
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:38 AM

General

Quote:
The Panther said:
BS Nuclear and MS electrical. I work at a nuclear weapons research facility, actually. But the nuclear weapons business has been extremely slow since the end of the Cold War. Currently, I have drifted into Program Management for non-proliferation research and engineering efforts, primarily in nuclear radiation detection and characterization.

So, if you kill me in a game, I just might nuke you in return!
Very cool! I think you definitely got me beat in the math and science department. I liked science in school, but now I just read National Geo.
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:46 AM

Corporal

DragonFire11 is on a distinguished road

Really! I write boring motions for a living. And you mint nukes. Ok Mr. Smarty Panther: How do you calculate the area of a disk if it is spinning? (I don't know the answer so you could make just about anything up.)
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:11 AM

Major

Measure the diameter of the disk. Divide by 2 and square the result. Multiply by PI (~3.14159). And that's all she wrote!

Makes no difference if it is spinning or not other than the difficulty in measuring it. It is actually more interesting if the disc has a hole in the middle like a CD.

So... A standard CD diameter is 12 cm on the outside, and just under 1.5 cm on the inside. The area of a spinning CD is therefore approximately:
(12/2) * (12/2) * PI = 113.1 sq cm
MINUS the hole
(1.5/2) * (1.5/2) * PI = 1.8 sq cm
Equals
111.3 sq cm
Which is the answer to the CD question.

And no, I am not making this up!
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:20 AM

Corporal

Default Spinning Disk

Ah, well it should matter mathematically. If the disk is spinning, the outer edge is moving faster than the inner portion. As a result, the outer edge is heavier and more compressed, and distorting space more. Consequently, the irrational number of pi no longer exists – well it’s no longer useful other than an estimate. I have no standing to engage in a math discussion with you (beyond simple addition) but I think I am right about this.
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:25 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Spinning Disk

I know the Dawg will give me grief about this so I just want to say that the spinning means its not just a classic math problem but a question of relativity - spinning means the disk is no longer flat.
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:00 AM

Sergeant

Pickles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DragonFire11 said:
We have a bit under a week until the Dawg departs. It looks probable that the issue of collusion will be moot once Ermor is eliminated. In the event Ermor is alive, but on life support, I will leave it to the judgment of the community.
Hmm this elimination of Ermor is looking more & more unlikely to me. Sorry If I messed up your game DragonFire .

I have no problem with the proposed substitution myself

Pickles