.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:38 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by calmon:
But the mummy is undead too. Isn't it better to let it die definitely after the second (undead-state) death?

In moment you can rebirth both Vampire Queens (wished one) and mummies. Didn't test the other undeads/lifeless.
The mummy is almost an immortal. You can rebirth him, but it will cost you a bit. This is intended. The restriction on other undead was a later fix. Removing abdominal content, putting it in jars and wrapping the body in linen felt strange when applied to wraiths and several other undead.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:27 PM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road

The weakness attack of the thing with many eyes doesn't seem to be working.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

HJ is on a distinguished road

I know that cold susceptibility is listed as fixed in the patch, but it seems that Skull of Fire's cold vulnerability still doesn't register as an icon. When I add a +50 fire resistance item to the same commander, it shows susceptible to cold 0, so it's there but not shown.

ps.
I love the icons, and the fact that more of them are added every once and a while.
Old May 29th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road

Another ambigious Bug/Feature...

Under 2.11 if you give a magic weapon to a Mound King, (or presumably any unit with a light lance, which is a spear except for its charge bonus) the lance gets replaced by the weapon.

This differs from the old cavalry behavior where the lance was a separate one time use object and did not disappear with item augmentation.

Rabe
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:12 PM

Sergeant

I have a blood fountain with 10 blood. The blood fountain has 4 misc. item slots.

If I give the blood fountain only two two brazen skulls, it gets level 11 blood magic. So far so good.

However if I put an item between the two brazen skulls, it gets level 12 blood magic. I used the pocket knight and pocket lich for this.

Having an empty misc. slot between the two brazen skuls gives you level 11 blood magic.

In conclusion, if there is an different misc. item between two similar misc. items they are probably cumulative. Might also work for creatures with more than 2 hands.
Old June 1st, 2004, 06:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sheap is on a distinguished road

Some problems I have encountered in the past couple of games (All 3-person multiplayer, 2.08, demo games). I do not know if these are known or already fixed or what. We are all using the Windows demo Version and the game is hosted on Linux/Intel dedicated server.

1) During a battle against another human player I had the Farstrikers who I had just recruited the previous turn. During the battle, which I won, they did not rout, or even suffer a lot of damage. 1 or 2 of them were killed but no more. However, after the battle, they were all dead except their commander. This was on the Aran map.
1b) Some other weirdness happened with mercenaries in that game but none of us can remember what it was

2) Playing on the Desert Eye map I have encountered several problems though not all of them happened to me:
2a) Another player in the game found that his pretender (a Nataraja) unexpectedly disappeared and was marked dead after winning a battle against independents.
2b) Another player in the game found that his pretender was unexpectedly cursed for no apparent reason, also after fighting independents.

3) After this happened we restarted the game and on the restart some problems occurred:
3a) Sometimes against independents my army routs, but I win the province anyway. This has happened to me once.
3b) Sometimes it goes the other way - the independents rout, but the province is not captured and my army gets scattered to adjacent provinces. This has happened once to me and once to another player.
Old June 1st, 2004, 06:54 AM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheap:
Some problems I have encountered in the past couple of games (All 3-person multiplayer, 2.08, demo games). I do not know if these are known or already fixed or what. We are all using the Windows demo Version and the game is hosted on Linux/Intel dedicated server.
The reason for the bug you describe is a difference in the order of evaulation of subexpressions between code compiled on the Linux and Windows platforms. This particular bug has been fixed in Version 2.11, but can be avoided for Version 2.08 by having the server and clients use the same operating system.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:55 PM

Sergeant

Jotunheim AI cast utterdark. I got attacked in an underwater province by the "forces of darkness" consisting of a shade and a pythium theurg. I guess the theurg isn't supposed to be a part of the forces of darkness.
Old June 4th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

twice i've had ritual of rebirth fail. the common element seems to be that they were both in the bottom 5 of a 15 strong HOF list; thus, I would venture that RoR only looks at the top 10 possible heroes, ie. the default HOF size, and not the size (often 15 in MP games) that the HOF has been specified as.
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road

Under 2.11...

Weapons of Sharpness (Con7 5E) does not appear to make your troops arms magical for the purpose of hitting ethereal.

Whether it does in fact make them armor piercing I can't say, but the ethereal data suggests possibly not.

Rabe