Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM

Private

Simeron is on a distinguished road
Default OT:Iraqi War good/bad

Here is an email I dug back out from someone in Iraq I know. A few were wondering where I get some of my informtion from. This is just one of the sources (reprinted with permission I might add).

This is an email from Ray Reynolds, a medic in the Iowa Army National Guard, serving in Iraq:

Subject: In Iraq

Ben,

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very poor job of covering everything that has happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home.

And just so you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently: (Please share it with your friends and compare it to the Version that your paper is producing.)

* Over 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations.

* School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.

* Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur.

* The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off-loaded from ships faster.

* The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.

* Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq.

*The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.

* 100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed, compared to 35% before the war.

* Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place.

* Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.

* Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.

* Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.

* Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.

* Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever

* Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to prevent the spread of germs.

* An interim constitution has been signed.

* Girls are allowed to attend school.

* Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years.

Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there. I have met many, many people from Iraq that want us there, and in a bad way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their
children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts.

So if you happen to run into John Kerry, be sure to give him my email address and send him to Denison, Iowa. This soldier will set him straight. If you are like me and very disgusted
with how this period of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them know there are good things happening.

Ray Reynolds, SFC
Iowa Army National Guard
234th Signal Battalion
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT:Iraqi War good/bad

Don't believe everything you read Simeron.

Here is a link that pick that piece of garbage apart. Link

Not that this site is necessarily any more reliable, but several of the "facts" (vacination, sewer and so on) can be easilly checked. You really should start to check your "facts" better before you post.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

And the topic... Goood ? Bad.

whats up with that.

11 thousand deaths.
who knows how many more injuries.

If you can stay that is good. I think that there is something wrong.

And whats with the BS political crap at the bottom.

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old June 2nd, 2004, 06:05 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Whether there's truth to those "facts" or not (and it sounds more like something written by a campaigning politicain than a soilder) then I believe thany progress made could have been achieved with far less bloodshed, destruction and hate-generation.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 06:10 PM

First Lieutenant

Intimidator is on a distinguished road

Very strange that that soldier doesn't mention anything about the people that are still being killed every day (on both sides).

Or about the anti America demonstrations that are occuring every day in Iraq (The News in the Netherlands isn't censored, so I see that kind of pictures when I look at TV )

Or about oil pipes blowing up once in the 2 weeks.

Or about some weddings...........

And offcourse don't forget the nice holiday pictures from an certain prison in Baghdad.....

And Yes I really think it is good that Saddam is gone, although it is a pity for Bush that the amount of weapons of mass destruction is ' zero '
And I also believe/know that there are good things happening but THAT WAR IS BAD.......

So I'm finished,

Inti,

[ June 02, 2004, 17:50: Message edited by: Intimidator ]
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM

Sergeant

EvilGenius4ABetterTomorro is on a distinguished road

Thank you troops, now we can continue to drive our heavy 4 wheel drive SUV's in the city.

Although I'm always for taking out bad guys, It is pretty shameful at the lucrative business contracts that were awarded to 1 particular company after the war...uhm I mean after the initial hostilities. On the other hand it is also shameful at what countries were behind this oil for food scam that was going on. And just how vocal those countries were against us. I guess all sides had an interest in Iraq. If my corruption riddled country had an evil dictator that kept the masses down, I would only hope that foreign power would take that dictator out. Hear that Canada? Come on down! I guess I'm just a fence walker, can't make up my mind.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:23 PM

Lieutenant General

Puke is on a distinguished road

what, did the Last flame thread get burried in the bottom of the stack? couldn't just bump one of those if you wanted to start a pissing match?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:21 PM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road

Hi all!
I really don't want to cut your thought short here but we already got quite a lot of threads about this topic and one should really be enough. Please be so kind and discuss the topic via E-Mail or via PM and let it rest here. Thank you very much!
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:30 PM

Private

Angelicans/Romiians is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Intimidator:
Very strange that that soldier doesn't mention anything about the people that are still being killed every day (on both sides).
People die in war. Get over it. The Allies in WW2 killed more people and caused more destruction than we have in Iraq. But that's okay, right? But completely wiping out German cities (and all men, women and children within them) in carpetbombing was alright so you don't have to be saying 'HEIL HITLER!' now, correct?

Quote:
Or about the anti America demonstrations that are occuring every day in Iraq (The News in the Netherlands isn't censored, so I see that kind of pictures when I look at TV )
News agencies likes focusing on small, negative events as well as the minority. You don't make money for good news.

Quote:
Or about some weddings...........
Which *gasp* was proven to really be a terrorist gathering with absolutely no proof to it being a wedding.

Quote:
And offcourse don't forget the nice holiday pictures from an certain prison in Baghdad.....
And those few soldiers are being punished, but I suppose the terrorists kidnapping and executing civilians is much more acceptable to you.

Quote:
And Yes I really think it is good that Saddam is gone, although it is a pity for Bush that the amount of weapons of mass destruction is ' zero '
Really? I suppose all those nerve agents and chemical weapons they've found in weapons Caches aren't really there. Or perhaps it is YOUR news that is censoring the truth to continue its anti-American line? That's a concept...

[ June 03, 2004, 21:32: Message edited by: Angelicans/Romiians ]
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:36 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

Hey how about a lock on this one.

Its already past its time.

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Closed Thread