.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 21st, 2005, 10:08 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Vietnam Campaign - slot24 -Early BETA of CHAPTER 1

small description:

Here is some info for chapter No1: Plei Me

The player at the start will play a one-turn scenario (divisional base) in which he will make a choice between the types of support he wishes to use during the chapter.
Either he will choose a regimental fast response support (quicker response time but lighter), or he will request support from the division (delay in response but heavier assets).
The path/scenario result of either choice will lead to marginal victory or decisive victory and the player will make use of the assets during all the missions of the chapter.

Note: At this point, the player will have to take into consideration (plan) the overall tactics that he will use through out the chapter.

The story begins like this:

It is October 1965 and your company has just arrived in Vietnam. The first assignment is to make a night (training/reconnaissance) patrol inside the jungle in order to get familiarized with the jungle special conditions.
Everything was happening as planned but suddenly (9 p.m) the division HQ has informed us that the Plei me SP base was under attack and the only available force within reach was us. We have been ordered to march ASAP to the base in order to assist them in the defense (3 hours march).
During the march our road crossed a village (suspected Vietcong base) and our scouts have informed you that the NVA regimental artillery was there (unprepared).
This is a fine opportunity to destroy the regimental artillery of the enemy forces but at a cost of a delay.
Should we deal with that artillery denying this way its presence during the main battle, or should we continue undisturbed towards our main objective?)
This is our second choice during this chapter… If you destroy the artillery you will arrive later in the Plei Me camp and the enemy will have broken the first layer of defenses, and if you ignore the artillery camp you will arrive on time but the enemy will make use of this regimental artillery.

Other tactical notes:
1. Your enemy is coming after you with an NVA company.
2. Inside the village there are hidden many Vietcong, ready to surprise you.
3. The enemy artillery assets have limited ammo for the moment but enemy ammo supply is on the way.
4. An NVA company is heading towards the arty park in order to protect it.
5. There are 2 roads; the one is passing through the village.
6. You must secure the bridges.

Ok, this is some info for the secondary mission,
Soon I will post more.

p.s speaking of decisions; if the player has chosen the fast response regimental artillery as the support assets during the chapter, then he may take the risk to fulfill the objectives of the secondary mission and delay this way his entrance in the primary mission. But if he has made the choice of the divisional support then the delay in conjunction with the slow response time of the divisional artillery may create problems in the successful completion of the primary mission.

Quote:
__________1st Cav Div v 1.0*
___________Chapter 1: "Plei Me"*
Designed by Project Group*
Involved nations: US, SV, NVA, VC*
Date: Ocober 1965*
You will assume command of a company of the 1st CAV Division. *
Notes:*
Due to leak of important informations, concerning a private project we are forced to post a very early beta version of a small part of the campaign.*
Description:*
In this Beta there won't be included any campaign texts, just take notice of the following things:*
1. The first scenario is the new "Campaign Branch Mechanism".*
In the first "1-turn" scenario by selecting ONLY of the two Victory locations you will be able to select what kind of support weapons you will have available to your campaign.*
2. Depending the outcome of the first battle (victory level) you will play a modified second battle.*
3. These are very tough battles...*
First battle: You chose the support elements in a one turn scenario*
Second battle: You try to avoid casualties, while at the same time you try to capture enemy base; enemy is approaching from the East, North. There will also be resistance inside the village and towards the end you will be attacked by the W, NW.*
Third battle: You try to defend the Plei Me from the assault of the NVA forces.*

cheers,
Pyros
Attached Files
File Type: zip 388992-VietnamCampaign_slot24.zip (1.06 MB, 589 views)
Old October 23rd, 2005, 12:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vietnam Campaign - slot24 -Early BETA of CHAPTER 1

I'm doing something very similar though not Vietnam. In the first seenario of Caribeean Crisis, you get to choose between two campaigns. The same setup (great minds, huh?) is in my first scenario.

You don't choose support elements but you do choose one of two campaigns. This way you get to play twice, one in conventional warfare, the second in Special Ops.

its working very well.

Before I do any work on the 1st Cavalry Division and a prospective campaign, I would like to know are you doing that in this one. If so, I won't repeat it.

In other words, if you are doing a 1st Cav campaign in Vietnam, let me know, and I'll move on to another theme.

It sounds really great. A lot can be done here. I wish you the best.

WB
=============

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer
Old October 29th, 2005, 11:56 PM

Private

DoctorF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WBWilder said:
I'll move on to another theme.

It sounds really great. A lot can be done here. I wish you the best.

WB
=============
USMC perhaps? . Seriously though, anything Vietnam is appreciated, from anyone.
Old October 30th, 2005, 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

Well, with no reply I'll assume that the 1st Cav is being done. So I'll go with the 11th Cavalry (Blackhorse) Regiment - Vietnam and do the armor side of that war.

I think that will work pretty well. Thoughts?
WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Scenario Designer
Old October 30th, 2005, 01:14 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vietnam Campaign - slot24 -Early BETA of CHAPT

Quote:
WBWilder said:
Well, with no reply I'll assume that the 1st Cav is being done. So I'll go with the 11th Cavalry (Blackhorse) Regiment - Vietnam and do the armor side of that war.

WB
I am not too well versed on Vietnam stuff so have no idea if it is a good unit to cover. I do know that they were involved in the Cambodian Incursion? I am running a WinSPMBT Vietnam Torunament with Operation Cedar Falls as the theme so I have become a little familiar with that setting. They were involved there as well.
Old October 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vietnam Campaign - slot24 -Early BETA of CHAPT

Here is an 11th Cav site
http://www.ktroop.com/default.htm
lots of photos, links page has some good ones.
Old October 30th, 2005, 03:53 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WBWilder said:

WB
Sorry, that I have not yet replied to this post, but I was very busy with a project lately.

Yes, a campaign around 1st CAV is under development, but I don't think that this should constrain you of doing the same.

If you ever need to ask a question, post here and I will be glad to help you.

Pyros
Old October 31st, 2005, 02:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

Nah, I think you and your group will do a fine job of that and no need to repeat something that is well done.

There is plenty to cover in the Nam so I'll do another. Might do one on the fighting for Hue. The Blackhorse will also work well.

THen I really want to do a "riverine" series or campaign. DRG was good enough to redo the PBR so that it REALLY looks like a PBR. That said, I'd like to show it off in a campaign series.

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Scenario Designer