Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chlanda ...

Quote:
DRG said:
First off just WHICH "Chlanda Program" are you talking about? He has dozens. Don't you think a NAME might be useful ?
He probably means Fred's SPWaW Map program. I use it alot for WAW but it it hasn't been kept up to date with the revisions to SPWAW but still works quite nicely. It hasn't really been kept up to date mainly due to Fred having had an accident/medical issue that prevented him from pursuing his programming work several years ago. With this program you can take a map, converted to a bmp and them import it into his program. Basically, it reads the different colors as terrain and creates a map based on that.
Old January 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

It looks like Fred's hosting company has changed their policies and no longer allows zip files to be downloaded unless he upgrades his plan.

Are his files available anywhere else as backup?
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

http://www.wargamer.com/Hosted/Chlan...shop/index.htm

Wargamer has them

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:20 PM

Private

danstudentvcc is on a distinguished road

DRG said:First off just WHICH "Chlanda Program" are you talking about? He has dozens. Don't you think a NAME might be useful ?
Dvcc--- Yes, all the SP Chlanda programs.

Second, since Fred built this program for WaW don't you think asking him if it ( whatever it's called ) could be adapted to our games would make a bit more sense since it *IS* his program rather than asking us if we plan to adapt our games to it?
Dvcc--- No, there are programs for SPMBT and SPWW2 and "S P W A W". Actually, I don't have to ask Chlanda for anything at all since it is also possible for individuals to work co-operatively and to thus get the ball rolling. In fact my posts go further and ask for such editors to be developed for the games of MBT and WW2. I do not think that Chlanda's programs are the final word on the subject of SP Editors.

Third, do you own a CD copy of the game? There is a much more advanced map editor included on the CD
Dvcc--- Clearly, if you had spent time with the Chlanda programs you would've realized that I can post on the forum for SPMBT/SPWW2 'because' Fred deigned to work on WW2 and MBT programs.
In fact as my posts point out you can make SP maps from bitmaps using Chlanda programs for SPMBT/SPWW2/SPWAW. The only difference being that WAW's editor can do it in one step. While the WW2/MBT Chlanda editors require you to make scen files and to then convert them up to the Windows/DOS based versions.
Gee, Don I can't tell if Gus has bought an MBT CD or not; clearly he must have left that off of his post history. Since it is a required purchase for civilized posting according to you then I must apologize for being remiss.
In the future I will endeavour to mention it all the time.

Gus
Danstudentvcc

"Has bought an MBT CD; has offered to buy more CD's as the game is updated; has offered to buy game editor enhanced CD's"

By the way, no the map editor that comes with the game is insufficient. It played 'zero' in my choice to buy a WinMBT CD. Hence, I post to let others know that the SPWW2 and SPMBT Chlanda programs can exceed the basic SPMBT game editor and that we would all want such editors, for the games of MBT/WW2 to be further developed including if SPCAMO/Shrapnel Games were to release them.

DVCC
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM

Private

Quote:
Double_Deuce said:
Quote:
DRG said:
First off just WHICH "Chlanda Program" are you talking about? He has dozens. Don't you think a NAME might be useful ?
He probably means Fred's SPWaW Map program. I use it alot for WAW but it it hasn't been kept up to date with the revisions to SPWAW but still works quite nicely. It hasn't really been kept up to date mainly due to Fred having had an accident/medical issue that prevented him from pursuing his programming work several years ago. With this program you can take a map, converted to a bmp and them import it into his program. Basically, it reads the different colors as terrain and creates a map based on that.

Hello. Oh really?! No, as I've pointed out many times at SZO the SPWW2 and SPMBT editors do work for the Windows version of MBT as well. The WAW editor is not the only SP Editor Chlanda has released. No, what the WAW allows for maps from BMP images also applies for the SPWW2 editor and conversion editors that Fred lists on his website.

By the way Double Deuce, I will always answer for myself and will never require a "What hes means, ... "

As always ...

Danstudentvcc
Old January 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

If anyone wants one of Fred's programs updated contact Fred
chlanda@peoplepc.com
he likes feedback from the users however, he tells me he's busy with a Panzer General remake ATM but he invites anyone who may be interested in an upgrade to write to him

If he wants to update the ww2map program he will but we have no intention of copying his work

I asked if you had the CD version simply because it has a more advanced map editor than the DL version and I had no idea if you used it or not so I asked if you had it. I answer questions from anyone who asks when I get time to answer them as both Andy and I are working every spare minute on WinSPww2 at the moment. Buying a CD is not a "required purchase" to get answers here and you know that so lose the attitude. If you'd given me clear info in the first place I wouldn't have to ask what editor you were referring to.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Private

Default Re: DRG.

Clearly DRG it is you who has the bad attitude.

By asking in the forum if I had an MBT CD at all.
By stating that the game has an advanced map editor: if so then why would any one want a Chlanda program?
If so then why would anyone even bother with a WW2 SP?

Your responses and deconstructive posts are infantile. There is more than sufficient information in each of the Danstudentvcc post to realize that the game's map editor that comes with the game is insufficient; hence Danstudentvcc mentions that there are programs that add to the designers toolbox many key tools.

It is too bad that you mention you and one other are working on SP at the moment. Since Danstudentvcc also mentions in his post that it is the collabrative work of many individuals that has propelled SP past its SP123 heritage.

So stick your infantile comments where the SPMBT sun don't shine.

Danstudentvcc
Old January 9th, 2006, 10:02 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRG.

I'm locking this thread as it seems nothing good is going to come of it. danstudentvcc, please let this serve as a warning to keep things respectful on this board. There is no need to call other posters names, much less Shrapnel staff members or to try to denigrate Don and Andy's efforts and future projects. Please keep our board rules in mind when posting on this forum: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/faq.php=

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Closed Thread