Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM

Private

fossiili is on a distinguished road
Default Player 1 Obat file different or corrupt

I have played two games succesfully to the end with a good frend of mine ("succesfully" in technical sense, I lost bouth [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img]).
I generated a new battle Syria-Israel 1973 and played it 2-3 turns. Now the problem appeared:
When I start the game and give orders to my troops, everything works well. It is a large region, so I must do other things meanwhile, so I click the uppward arrow etc. and close the computer. Then I come again and when I open the game, the message "Player 1 Obat file different or corrupt" appears and the gamefile opens not. The only possibility is to unzip it from the package. If I do everything at ones, stopping using --> arrow, no problems.
What to do?
I'm 71 so I become
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Player 1 Obat file different or corrupt

Which player are you ? 1 or 2 ?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 26th, 2005, 01:41 PM

Private

Quote:
DRG said:
Which player are you ? 1 or 2 ?
Don
Probably I'm player 1.
I started generating the battle, I'm Syrian. It's a meeting, I come from the right, my opponent, Israelian from the left.
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

This only occured after playing a couple of turns ? Are you absolutely 100% certain you haven't altered or downloaded another Syrian OOB since you started the game? Are you playing full or basic security?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 27th, 2005, 03:26 AM

Private

Quote:
DRG said:
This only occured after playing a couple of turns ?
We have still going on the previous battle Israel/Syria from the year 1967. We started it so that he had 4000 points and I (Syrian) 5000. But we soon saw that I'll winn. Then we decided to stop the battle but wanted to know the point-situation. We could not get it clear, how the game would count the points in that situation. Is an armistice or that like possible in SPMBT?
So we slowly continue the previous Israel/Syria 1967 battle. Probably better to end it, before starting the new?
Quote:

Are you absolutely 100% certain you haven't altered or downloaded another Syrian OOB since you started the game?

I'm not complety sure, what these funny OOB's are. When the problem started to appear, I totally deleted the previous SPMBT installation and foulders and installed it again with the patch.
Quote:
Are you playing full or basic security?

While making the battle I gave my password and he gave his. We do not think that either of uss will try cheating but according to my experiancies, without the password one too easily occasionnallly open the opponents file and that will be annoying.
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

1) you cannot "surrender" a PBEM.

2) When you deleted the old installation, you deleted all PBEM info for the game,if you were playing in secure mode or basic. Your PBEM game would not be playable after that point.

3) If you installed the patch, but the PBEM game itself was started was pre-patch, the OOBS are likely to differ, so you will get an OOB error. PBEM games cannot be played after patching. If you applied a patch mid game - that is likely your problem?.

4) If you moved your PBEM game to a new folder, or tried to run it on a different machine (say a laptop), a secure PBEM game is then going to give errors as a secure game needs to be played through in exactly 100% the same environment. Same machine, same folders, same oobs, same game EXE file. Use basic security if you need to play on a remote machine (e.g. a laptop when travelling).

I'd suggest the next time - you select basic PBEM security. It is good enough for opponents you trust. Full security is best for competetive games, with experienced players.

Cheers
Andy
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Private

Thank you for your answer! This all mess with security makes me feel unsecure every time I start SPMBT ...
But it's only my problem. Next time I make a battle I try not to enforce too high a security classification.
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:25 AM

Private

And again! My frend tryed to start a PBEM game with me and sent the files to me. They were based on a skenario. And when I in the first time try to open the game, that silly error message appears:"Player 1 Obat file different or corrupt". Who is that strange "Player 1" who sends erroneous Obat files to make me and my frends life difficult?
Old January 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Then your opponent (who is player 1 as he set up the PBEM) most likely has different OOB files from yours. Either he is on a different version of the game, or has edited his oobs in mobhack (or you have) (or you both have!), or has downloaded an altered version of the oob in question (or you (or both of you) have).

You'll need to speak to him about this, assuming that you have not yourself edited or altered your own OOB files.

Cheers
Andy
Old January 12th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

fossiili - Are either of you using the West German OOB? If so do you both have the same version. IIRC there was a revised version put up for DL as a later one (for 2.5) was incorrect.