Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 29th, 2006, 10:26 AM

Private

Dracula is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bug report

I know what you mean Pyros but the targeted units dont move away and no smoke or else block the line of sight...

By the way awesome work on ANZAC

Vincent
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:01 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

There is only the one list index variable for the screen. I will look intoi fixing that.

If you have advanced past page 1 on any other of the various lists, usually arty, then you will get this message as it will be on page 2 or whatever on say, spotters.

however unlike a true "none available" - there is the "goto first page" buttton displayed. Press that.

I will look into keeping separate offset indexes for the individual pages, and stuffing these into the main one on a page change, see if it can be done.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:16 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Duh - not enoug tea today

The simple answer (rather than keeping indexes for each page) - reset the list start index to 0 on a page change event. So each list will start at the first item on entry when you cycle through pages.

Now fixed.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 29th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Corporal

Uncle_Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know what you mean Pyros but the targeted units dont move away and no smoke or else block the line of sight...
Sometimes LOS is lost between units for other reasons. Whether its units 'going to ground' or otherwise, I do not know but I've definately seen units lose LOS when it was clear the previous turn and no other conditions have changed. This is most common when its more of a 'key hole' shot, but I've seen it in straight-aways too. I've never considered it a bug so much as FoW.
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:48 AM

Private

Dracula is on a distinguished road

Yes but in this case the firing not loose the LOS but the "lock" on his target in the same turn after each fire burst... So if the firing unit lets say fire 6 times, I will have to reselect by clicking or pressing T key in order to aime at it... So it musst be an issue but a minor one since it occurs very few times. When its occurs will post the saved game

Vincent
Old June 30th, 2006, 02:12 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

It can happen if units have suffered enough suppression. They won't get a lock. I've noticed this regularly with regards to soviet BA64 armored cars. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

Narwan
Old July 1st, 2006, 02:36 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

Yes, but the thing is they have a lock, and nothing changes in their suppression, for the firing unit that is, between when it was locked on say the first two shots, and then suddenyl loses that capability. There was a version of SPWW2 where it didn't do that (unless I'm getting it confised with SPWAW) but I recall the last DOS version was doing that too, and probably the version before that as well. I think it's screwy little bug myself, as it occurs far too irregularly and seems to no purpose.

I'm not too certain about this last bit, but it seems to me I've seen this occur because it looks like the target falls into a ravine or something, even if the hex itself is uncratered and is in the open, such that not onlt is the lock lost, but I cannot re-target it with any unit, much less the same unit. It's just been something I haven't paid too much mind to, and I don't have a save where it occured. I certainly can't forecast in advance when it's going to happen. I usually save every single turn, so maybe next time I see something related to it I will see if I can replicate my moves from a re-load and get it to happen again. They may just have some odd feature where so much fire into a hex makes the target unattainable anymore until so much time has passed or it moves out of the hex.