.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chronicles_MA - General Game Discussion

Hi Don,

please extend the hosting for 4 hours.

Thanks!
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I think this game has lost all its meaning.
It was about writing chronicles as you play along but more than half the players stopped, lost interest I guess.
This game became just another slow pace game with not a whole lot going on, constant delays, people staling, dropping out...
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

I stopped writing since most others were not writing and it was like giving away free intel to players who seemed to treat it like a regular game. It's surprising how people were excited to sign up but flaked almost immediately on the Chronicles part.
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I was thinking at giving up the whole thing at one moment, this game is rather boring and unbalanced, but how often do you have a chance to play a mod nation.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

Sitting in your Golden Throne, atop your High Citadel, in your Forbidden City, you yawn drearily as the hours pass.

You glance around...in the far corner sits your War Minister, who has his finger (or is it fingers?) buried deep inside his ear, scratching at something which - by the contortions of his face - seems to be the facial control center of his brain...a bit nearer, your Royal Guards stand at, er, slouch at attention, and you note with silent surprise that only 2 of the 4 are actively drooling on themselves...to your immediate left, the High Concubine is slumped over an empty jug of fermented *snif, snif* is that garlic? toenails, possibly? Whatever it was, at least she'll be out for a while...

How DID I end up here? you wonder to yourself. I'm supposed to be a ****ING PRETENDER TO THE CROWN OF CIVILIZATION! What have I done to deserve this nation of filthy half-wits!?!

High on your daily bump of self-pity, you intentionally fail to acknowledge the entry of your Espionage Chief as he hurriedly scurries across chamber with a thin, weasily looking bafoon in tow.

"Beg'ur pard'on, Lo-rd?" Imbicle. "Ahem, beg'ur pard'on, Lo-rd?"

Rolling your eyes, you sigh long and painfully, finally settling your gaze on him. Sweet mercy, he's ugly! Does he even have any teeth? "Beg'ur pard'on?" Nope, just the one.

Without saying a word, you make a slight gesture indicating that you'll hear what he has to say.

"Si-ar! Tis 'oung scout ha' jus' retur'd from b'hind en'my lines!" You watch the fine mist of spittle he just ejected dance playfully in the sunlight. "E ha' NEWS! 'rom the n'tion a MARIGNON!"

Marignon! Your brow perks up. Oh! If I could only lead Marignon... The familar fantasy scrolls in front of your eyes... Thier men, all so brave! So handsome! Such great conversationalists! And their women...the vision is abruptly dissolved by an unconscious garlic-toenail belch.

Sure enough, the scout does indeed have news from within the Great Nation of Marignon, which had fallen silent in recent months, and was feared (by you, mainly) to be lost forever. But as it turns out, the entire nation collectively decided to take an extended, 3-month holiday, out of fairness to all the other nations. Those sportsmen! But the holiday is now over, and the Marignon government is back up and running, albeit with a super tan.

As the blubbering mess wraps up his story, you find yourself already dreaming up ways to welcome Marignon back. Gold? Gems? A Ring of Sorcery or really any other booster though we're pretty good on Astral and Fire at the moment but would certainly appreciate a Moonvine Bracelet? So many options!

Your gathered minions wince as you rise swiftly from your throne - the Concubine and Guards being exceptions - and stride quickly to your private quarters where you nervously scribble on a parchment:

My Dearest Marignon,

Who says this game is boring? That it can't be revived?...

You agonize over it for hours, though you know you'll never send it...

Last edited by cleveland; April 6th, 2009 at 09:51 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cleveland For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:22 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorazon View Post
I stopped writing since most others were not writing and it was like giving away free intel to players who seemed to treat it like a regular game. It's surprising how people were excited to sign up but flaked almost immediately on the Chronicles part.
This is why I didn't sign up to join one of the games in the first place. It's a great idea on paper, but it's so easy to not do the actual work and produce something. And once you start losing it can be very easy to get discouraged and stop writing altogether. I would have really liked to see it work out, but I think you'd need a particularly dedicated group of writers to make it.
Old April 8th, 2009, 01:55 AM

Colonel

The criteria for winning should have been the best writing as judged by an independent panel. That might have motivated some people or made the self-selection process more appropriate.
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:23 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that probably would have been the way to go.
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

I can't make the current deadline. Any objection to a four hour delay?

Sorry

C
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Colonel

No worries. 4 hrs added.