.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 12th, 2007, 03:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

Rytek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sophistry - Random Nations, Early Age (Sign-up

And oh, that was particularly ugly, I wanted to see what internal alchemy would do. Killed one of my best guys and old aged and diseased my other one. bleh. NOW I see it on the bug list.
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigDisAwesome is on a distinguished road

Well I'm in no position to win. I just don't have the means to stand up to Niefelheim.

I'm gonna go ahead and go AI just in case you wanna duke it out Rytek.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Well fought, BDA. You didn't even see my real forces, it was just a little tustle between SCs

Who else is still playing?
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

Yeah I know.
I could keep toughing it out for a good while, but what it boils down to is that I can't keep up with you.

1 SC per turn, a near infinite supply of gold, and a much more efficient use of gems from Forge of the Ancients.

Eh, if Tien Chi decides they want a couple more turns then I might stick it out for a few to try and help them out.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

I dunno, you tell me. I have -- I counted, 17 Tartarians all equipped who can cloud trapeze or teleport. About 10 more of the ones who dont have Air or Astral. I have 2 armies capable of teleporting hiding behind castles/domes waiting to attack. Both have about 10 cloud trapezing/teleporting mages in support who will cast doom/cloud warriors/ iron warriors, etc.. Each army has about 100 wights/100 river and celstial warriors and 100 or so warriors of the 5 elements. I am summoning 3 tarts a turn, gifting 2 per turn making 2 clams a turn and have had the chalice for a long time so I have a big reserve of tarts to gift. With all of that, I doubt I have any prayer of beating DRP
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM

Major General

I'm making 20 clams and 7 blood stones per turn . I could make more but I can only forge 50 items per turn. I'm wishing for gems every turn, but considering how many I have I may start wishing for Seraphs or Mandahas, but not until my backlog of Niefel Jarls are equipped.

I'm outfitting communions to spam undead mastery and master enslave at huge penetration bonuses. The entire communion is made of Gygja and immune to cold and 75% fire resistant.

I've got a horde of earth mages ready to spam earth attack as soon as any army rears it's ugly head in an unprotected province. If the army isn't entirely fire immune I can follow up with enough flames from heaven to kill half the army right through almost any defenses, so troops are pretty well useless against me.

My main problem right now is organizational - turns take forever and I'm in a bunch of other games.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM

Major General

Also, the server appears to be down.

Is the game over? If so, I'm gonna go ahead and proclaim victory; but I'm happy to keep going if the server comes back up.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

I think you are the clear victor. i am happy to have made it to the end game in this my first multi-player game.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

Grats Dr.P!
It was fun getting to the endgame, but most of my neighbors AIed so it wasn't exactly hard to gobble up their land.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

Unfortunately I see that in alot of games and the victor is the one who gets to gobble up all of the AI's. I was at war since turn 10 of this game, first C'tiss attacked me. And when the war with C'tiss was over Caelum attacked me. I finally caused Caelum enough pain to offer me peace and negotiate to attack Oceanus (who was the biggest power next to me) then Caelum drops from the map leaving me fighting the second biggest pretender by myself. Once I finally had fended off Oceanus I was too far behind in the build up war even with taking all of Caelums lands.

But-- congrats DrP. Well played. Your giants were unstoppable. I take a morale victory having my pretender with 1724 kills and top of the hall of fame. My pretender single handedly beat back armies from all of my foes with muscle and spells.