.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 4th, 2005, 06:58 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road
Default Road to Poznan - Pol vs. Ger 1996

I've just posted my first scenario - fictional conflict between Poland and Germany in 1996.

Posted in "SCENARIOS!" thread:
Road to Poznan

Here's briefing (Translated from my gibberish to english by scJazz - thanks, man.).:

After the fall of Berlin Wall Germany has fallen into deep recession. Collapsing socio/economic systems led to the rise of nationalism. Waves of protests forced the government to resign and call for new elections. Unfortunately, the new populist government wasn't able to solve the problems with the economy, instead their short-sighted politics made the troubles even deeper.

Trying to distract citizens from the domestic trouble, Germany started to rattle its saber against Poland, demanding massive retributions for the land lost after WW II. The Polish government, facing its own internal problems, turned back German demands with very harsh words. Instead, the Poles demanded retributions for all damage done by Nazis during the WW II. Hostilities between the neighboring countries were growing. Soon, Germans living in Poland found themselves persecuted by the Polish population. The same thing was happening on the other side of the border.

On the 1st of June, 1996, three German Mechanized Divisions crossed the border and entered Poland, crushing Polish defenses after a short, but bloody battle.

Situation Report
2nd of June, 1996.
Near the town of Swiebodzin Polish forces undertake a desperate delaying action, attempting to slow the German advance in the direction of Poznan.

Unfortunately, most of the defending forces consist of poorly equipped infantry, supported by a company of modernized T-55 tanks, and some bits and scraps from other units that managed to survive the first German attacks. There are some reinforcements available, including three tank platoons and company of mechanized infantry. Air support is also available.

German forces are forward elements of 8th Mechanized Division, consisting mainly of tanks & mechanized infantry.

Orders
Delay or stop the advancing German Division without suffering overwhelming casualties or losses that would interfere with unit cohesion. A rump mechanized battalion is rushing into your area and should be available within 30 minutes. Right now ground forces are operating under neutral skies. Air support is orbiting in your area and is ready to be called on to targets. Watch out for German Air Support, while none has been spotted, we are unsure of its availability to the 8th Mechanized Division.

Good Luck, Commander.
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:39 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Road to Poznan - Pol vs. Ger 1996

MacGalin,

Good Work!

A though fight with all the 40 Vis German forces, lost most of my troops I'm afraid, but held the main defensive line and took a heavy toll on the Germans (and their stuff is quite expensive to lose). Managed a marginal win.

Great map too!

Some Polish units (a SAM unit and the heavy artillery) didn't work for me, maybe you've used a custom OOB...? If so, people not using that OOB will have to manage without the heavy guns...
Old August 5th, 2005, 11:09 AM

Corporal

I'm glad you liked it, thanks for reply.

About weapons...

I am working at Custom Polish oob (hopefuly, will be posted soon), but it shouldn't be affecting units in that mission. (all are from oryginal oob, iirc .) Strange... I will check it out.
Old August 5th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Corporal

Ahh.. Just checked it, and yes, artillery was from my custom OOB. Whoops.
I've just fixed arty problem and uploaded corrected version.
I'll be more careful in the future.

All SAM units works alright for me...
Old August 6th, 2005, 03:36 AM

Sergeant

serg3d is on a distinguished road

Will be there the Poland campain ?
drool
Old August 6th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Corporal

Ahhh... i'm not promsing anything, but for long time i have been thinking about small (3-5 scenario) Poland vs. Belarus campagin... But i don't know when i'll be able to find enough time to do it.

Anyway, you can hope for more Polish scenarios. (Next one (or two) will be relased with my upcoming Polish OOB )
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:57 PM

Private

MikMyk is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Very nice scenario overall. I lost badly but enjoyed it very much!

Quick AAR:

German's advanced in force and I quickly discovered the need to move My forces were able to delay for roughly a dozen turns (at a horrible cost) but eventually fell to the excellent gunnery of the surviving German armor.

My critical errors were my initial dispositions followed by a rather desperate split and push of reinforcements to two different areas of engagement. I may have faired much better by keeping my combat power together and counter attacking each area one at a time. Lesson learned

Keep up the good work and look forward to future scenarios!
Old August 17th, 2005, 02:29 AM

Private

Willy is on a distinguished road

Great fun so far and quite a challenge! I've split my reinforcements also ... only on turn 20 yet, so I still have a ways to go.

Please do more of these!
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road

ARGGGGGGGGH! Talk about a painful lack of Thermal Imaging hardware. Great scenario. The T-55s are really getting on my nerves!

Oh and your welcome for the gibberish->English translation
Old August 21st, 2005, 08:12 AM

Corporal

Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.

About T-55s - they canot do anything against Leo 2 in fair combat, but they can kill it from the side quite easily. Anyway, i used them mostly against APCs.

Anyway, during playtesting, one of my T-55s managed to kill 3 APCs, 2 Leo 2s, and disable one more Leo, before it was hit by 120mm SABOT. Tank was positioned between the buildings, and was shooting at enemies attacking other obiective.

About TI, i sometimes get the impresion that in-game TI is too much of a magic.

When i playtested it i get one draw, and two marginal victories, both after heavy fights. I suppose it would take son of Rommel and Patton to get a DV... .