.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM

Private

MikMyk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A view from the other side-Battle of Wadi Al-B

Hi,

Very nice scenarios. I managed to kill 5 to the historical 3 for the loss of my entire group.

In terms of changes. You may want to shift where your Iraqi HQ is. Its a bit too convenient for the US to kill it. You might also look at fields of fire for the Iraqi's. I realize your objective is reverse slope but at the same time you want to given them fields of fire in the reverse slope (if that makes sense).

Overall great job though. Keep it up and I'll keep playing them.

Mike M
Old February 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road

Good job. I played it three times - first was a draw (all my tanks destroyed, but i managed to score some hits. Second time i tried some manevouer warfare - result was massacre of my units - i scored no hits, and all my forces were destroyed . Yankees fired smoke dischargers after one or two my shots, and then shot my tanks like sitting ducks.

Last try - i backed off my front units to a cover, stacking two or three tanks on one hex, taking them off the main course of american attack, and waited.

When M-1s appeared, they were attacked from both sides. I managed to kill three of them, then their MLRS salvo hit their positions, killing two more. Then it was easy job of finishing retreating survivors. Result - marginal victory,
7 tanks and 3 APCs lost.
Old February 21st, 2006, 12:51 AM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

Quote:

In terms of changes. You may want to shift where your Iraqi HQ is.
What kind of cowardly commander are you? The commander's place is at the front. If its really a problem, remember that you have 2-3 turns before the Americans actually come over the hill, enough to move it north or south, out of the way of the main US assault.

Quote:

You might also look at fields of fire for the Iraqi's. I realize your objective is reverse slope but at the same time you want to given them fields of fire in the reverse slope (if that makes sense).
According to accounts of the battle, the Iraqis were deployed at the foot of the ridge. I see what you mean- you want them moved up the ridge. But I have them deployed the way they really where.

Quote:

Good job. I played it three times.

Overall great job though. Keep it up and I'll keep playing them.

Thanks, whenever I first made this scenario I thought it was going to be a flop (its my first historically based scenario, after all). It's nice to hear that people have bothered to play it 2-3 times, because that's when you know they're not just complimenting you to be polite.

You CAN get a decisive victory. All I can say is that MacGalin is on the right path (it's also funny that giving the AI MLRS actually hurts more than helps them). Attacking from both sides will expose the Yankee rear turret armor. Most of the killing will be done in one or two turns, so make good use of your slight number advantage, and try to pick off individual enemy as they come over the ridge by making good use of flanking fire.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:13 AM

Private

MikMyk is on a distinguished road

Hi,

No I'm not a coward although I have played them in a few wargames

When people post AAR's in response to playing your scenario it would probably help you to be just a touch less combative. Less you get none no more. Besides you might find something interesting (or not)
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

It was a joke, I'm sorry if it offended you. Do you really think I was calling you a coward?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang For This Useful Post: