.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old February 16th, 2004, 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wauthan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worst Moments!

Getting hit by a flood the first turn, an earthquake the second and hurricane on the third. Then vinemen invaded, wrecked my fort and killed of both prophet and pretender. Always run Luck 3 after that one.

Wreaking havoc with the best minimanaged band of assassins I ever made only to have them all flattened by T'ien Ch'i madman in a chariot.

Nearly beating R'lyeh when my Ancient Kraken routs after slipping on an invisible turtle, breaking the whole army morale and having the lot of them drowning on shore in their own fortress.

Investing thousands of goldpieces in PD only to have it all smashed by a rampaging scout. Bloody Jotuns!

Beating Ermor by the skin of my teeth only to find out that it was Marignon who cast all those global death spells that's been killing everyone.

Having a single raptor attack my Dagon pretender, clad completely in artifacts, which caused my flanking mages to turn around and let loose a devastating storm of their most powerful spells. A pair of smoking Dagon sized boots left in the crater.
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Pocus is on a distinguished road

dom I newbie mistake : teleporting against an enemy capitol with only one mage and 60 summer lions, have the mage die from a stray arrow, then watching with horror all the lions dissolves.

being hit by surprise by a murdering winter (pearl harbor style declaration of war) against a province of mine containing 300 hoplites (yes, it was dom1!) and a hord of mages. Lost half of the hoplites, 2/3 of the mages, along with hammer of the forge lord and other artefacts worn by the mages. sigh...
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Corporal

Tricon is on a distinguished road

Losing about 40 heavy infantry and a fair leader trying to chase down a retreating hydra.(got stomped in a battle next round because I was missing my "absorbers")

In my first marignon game ... making a rainbow Baphomet ...(boy was that dum)
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:00 PM

Corporal

Teleolurian is on a distinguished road

Trying to create a pyromancer Moloch (high Evo) just to realize that the precision of most fire Evo sucks.

Is there a *good* Evo/Fire spell?
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM

Incinerate is 100 Prec.

Oh, you mean Evocation? No, there isn't. But it always has Fire Storm.

[ February 16, 2004, 19:08: Message edited by: Zen ]
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:28 PM

Corporal

DLC is on a distinguished road

attacking a indie province with 3 leaders (all abysian warlords) and some troops only to route when theyre 2/3's on their way to the enemy only to have it repeat and do it again(first territory i attacked too....):thumbdown:
Old February 16th, 2004, 10:50 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

My worst experience would have to be the first time I was using the Amon Hotep helm. As you all know the details and facts about artifacts/items in this game is shallow. Example: Many items you only find are cursed after equipping them because the description doesn't list the facts.

Anyways I decided to test out the artifact on a telestic animation statue in case it gave a surprise horror mark the way boots of the planes did. Which the boots of the planes said NOTHING about. I slide the helm onto one of the statues... no afflications or bad side effects. Then I discovered it can't be removed... again the description says nothing about that. Then I realized the mummification spell doesn't work underwater where this statue is at ! And guess what no description at all on the mummification spell either.

Items have a nice history but lack listing the facts. Being that this is a TBS game hopefully Dominions_3 will provide the facts first and the history/story second.
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

SurvivalistMerc is on a distinguished road

NT Jedi,
I can certainly sympathize, and I totally agree as to your take on the documents not having some really crucial information.

My worse moment: Taking a rainbow master druid with the C'tis Miasma theme only to find that this druid is diseased the following round and will be every time he is called back into the disease dominion since he's not cold-blooded.

I've shared the experience of having wind ride cast on my immortal pretender bringing him into enemy dominion.

(My answer to the low precision of most fire spells is to take a phoenix with high air and fire.)

Losing about 80 ulm black plate infantry (no crossbows at the time...my mistake) to an attack on Pythium's home province by a hydra trainer and *one* hydra. The morons just followed the hydra all the way to the edge of the combat screen, constantly exposing themselves to the poison cloud.

Figuring out that missile units will fire into a melee that I will almost certainly win, thereby killing more of my own units than of the enemy and that there are no orders I can give which will be guaranteed to keep them from doing this.
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:37 PM

Corporal

Tricon is on a distinguished road

I have to admit that I like the fact that you do not know if an item is cursed prior to using. Though there should be a way to scry it. An earth one ritual or something like that, or a show/remove curse spell for items.
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:38 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by SurvivalistMerc:
My worse moment: Taking a rainbow master druid with the C'tis Miasma theme only to find that this druid is diseased the following round and will be every time he is called back into the disease dominion since he's not cold-blooded.
Miasma's descriptive text does say that any unit that isn't cold-blooded can be diseased by the dominion.