.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM

Private

Mortibus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great news everone!

Well happy birthday!

By the way, I saw the guy second from the left fight, he is a friggin' MONSTER. His thighs are like a foot wide and every time he did a leg kick you could hear it crack.

Question- the release date for Dominions 3 is 10/02/2006. Now, does that mean it's REALLY released on 10/02/2006, or is that a tentative maybe date to be followed by another release date etc.?

Also, I preordered, and the website says it is backordered. When can I expect it to be shipped?

I agree with Kurgan, get the Windows demo out now! Since Macintosh/Linux users have systems that don't crash randomly for no apparent reason, I'm sure they won't mind throwing us tortured Windows users a bone out of mercy.
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mortibus said:
Well happy birthday!

By the way, I saw the guy second from the left fight, he is a friggin' MONSTER. His thighs are like a foot wide and every time he did a leg kick you could hear it crack.

Question- the release date for Dominions 3 is 10/02/2006. Now, does that mean it's REALLY released on 10/02/2006, or is that a tentative maybe date to be followed by another release date etc.?

Also, I preordered, and the website says it is backordered. When can I expect it to be shipped?

I agree with Kurgan, get the Windows demo out now! Since Macintosh/Linux users have systems that don't crash randomly for no apparent reason, I'm sure they won't mind throwing us tortured Windows users a bone out of mercy.
He is Mirko Filipovic aka Cro Cop. I've met with him 2 times so far in Croatia. [Some people who I know and training with know Mirko very well.] He is a great fighter indeed.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mortibus said:
Well happy birthday!

Cro Cop.
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:33 PM

Private

Mortibus is on a distinguished road

Filipovic, ya? I really liked his style, very calm and persistent. He lost the fight I saw him in by an arm lock, but you could tell he was the superior fighter.

I think I could take him if he was in a coma and was tied down securely... maybe.
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:47 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Taking on the Beastmen? Ouch.

I think the ugliest game I had there was when I decided to play a 'thrallmaster' game, taking as many thralls from as many clans as possible. It was... interesting, to say the least, up to the catastrophe where an enemy raid finally beat my defense well enough to let everybody's peoples go.
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

B0rsuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
NTJedi said:
Bummer... 97% of us have to wait longer for the Dominions_3 demo because of the 3% which use Mac and Linux. I really don't think the Mac and Linux users will lose sleep if the Windows version demo is released a few days earlier.
How much money are you willing to bet ?
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:48 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
B0rsuk said:
Quote:
NTJedi said:
Bummer... 97% of us have to wait longer for the Dominions_3 demo because of the 3% which use Mac and Linux. I really don't think the Mac and Linux users will lose sleep if the Windows version demo is released a few days earlier.
Well it is for sure that most of the people are using Window$. However 97%-3% is a bit hardcore, maybe its like 75%-25%.
Anyways, Im pretty sure that the demo will be out on this week.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:07 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I think it will be out either by oct 2nd or a bit after it.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:28 AM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

from JK's post I deduce not so much that the windoze version is ready to be released, but ready to be tested. This gives some time for the Mac and Linux versions to be put together. I doubt that they'll come out at different times.

N.B. I speak as a rational being rather than as a beta tester (which is not to imply that you can't be both )
Old September 27th, 2006, 01:08 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
B0rsuk said:
Quote:
NTJedi said:
That's the same as preventing an entire kids soccer team from having cookies and cake just because two kids are allergic to chocolate and thus everyone has to wait while the raisin cookies and vanilla cake are made.
I know I wouldn't mind waiting while everyone else is having a great time playing the demo while I waited... guess some people are not as caring and generous.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."