.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road
Default Generating Bad Events, with Luck-3

I have never really run into this event before, but I have been testing blood fountains recently, and I have found that I get the same 2 bad events 9 times out of 10 within the first 5-10 turns.

One says bogus came and set free a bunch of my blood slaves.

The other says that the wailing of the blood fountain has caused a percentage of the population to leave the province.

In all my test I have luck 2 or 3, with order 1 or 2. I can understand that getting the "wailing of the blood fountain causes..." event is virtue of me having the pretender, and perhaps the bogus event makes most sense because you are garunteed to have slaves for him to liberate. But does having the god generate bad events regardless of the fortune scale? Even with luck 3, I tend to get 50-50 good/bad events when using the blood fountain.

or does the particular god choice just flavor the bad events you were going to get anyways?

I suppose I have just been frustrated with having luck-3 and fortune tellers, and still I get these 2 events fairly regularly (not many times per game, just often in the first year of any game I start).
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Generating Bad Events, with Luck-3

How many fortune tellers?

I thought for the blood fountain one the requirements were thus - event happens in province containing blood fountain. Event is bad. Event picked at random is that one, specifically.

But it sounds like it happens more than that would indicate. Maybe it's just that any bad event that happens in the same province as the blood fountain has a flat percentage chance of being converted into the blood fountain one. Or even any event at all, good or bad (thereby ignoring fortune tellers).
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road

Not many, maybe 3-4 when the events happen. I don't really know how fortune telling works anyways

Maybe it is just a very unlikely fluke. I am in an MP now with a fountain, nearing turn 40, and I never saw the event once.
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM

Sergeant

Poopsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad events are definitedly possible, even with luck 3. Just less likely to happen, particularily the worse ones.