World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old November 12th, 2023, 10:27 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Black Screen Flicker

Just curious has anyone had an occasional "Black Screen" flickering issue in either the setup or playing modes in WinSPMBT?

Only seeing this in the game and not say watching videos (News/You Tube etc.) or other PC usage; so not thinking it's my video card NAVIDA 750TI fully supported and just recently updated.

Just experienced it a short time ago near the end of my manual deploy phase for my next battle Ukraine vs. Russia timeframe now.

Started about two months ago.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Should've done this before posting, however just conducted Benchmark testing with UNiGINE HEAVEN DX11 3.0 and VALLEY 1.0 BOTH graded the Video Card and Assoc. PC Systems as "HIGH".

Regards,
Pat

P.S. Just added more demanding SUPERPOSTION Benchmark-Passed.

Name:  Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_1067_1699846220.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  157 Bytes

The score is rated against peer group Video Cards. What surprised me was my processor did better than i7 Core processors with similar video cards. And MS won't let me get Win 11 because my processor though surpassing their requirements for Win, it isn't one of the "legacy" processors they accepted. I have only one thing to say about that...!!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 12th, 2023 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Bench Mark Testing
Old November 13th, 2023, 09:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Black Screen Flicker

Well my first thought was that the game has not changed at all in the "Started about two months ago" timeframe and that something has changed in your computer in some way.

How "occasional" is this?

The second thought was there have been a number of MS updates to my copy of win 10 and I have noticed personally more than once if I noticed my computer was acting strange it wasn't long after that I am informed there is a MS update to be installed

Odd that you cannot get win 11 because your machine surpasses requirements......... thats the first time I have heard that. Mine does not meet their minimum for win11 but it's about 10 years old and runs an Intel Core i3 2130 @ 3.40GHz and has the Intel HD Graphics built in

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 13th, 2023, 11:31 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

The big requirement for Win 11 is having a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip on your motherboard. Many high-end PCs surpass the usual hardware requirements eg RAM, processor, etc but dont have this "superfluous to most" item.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old November 13th, 2023, 11:34 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Have you physically moved anything recently? sometimes having a power cable near the monitor cable means there is a "flicker" this is often missed on "Busy" or moving screens but becomes obvious on a dark / black screen

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old November 16th, 2023, 06:00 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

About 6 months ago my PC started "flickering" and the monitor would occasionally go black. Turns out the problem was the monitor itself, new one totally fixed the problem.

Know anyone you a borrow a monitor from for day or two to see if your problem is the same?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old November 16th, 2023, 06:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

In that case the problem might just be the cable connecting the monitor to the PC

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 19th, 2024, 02:29 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Black Screen Flicker

I'm sorry for not getting back much sooner but that will be covered elsewhere. I do however appreciate all your questions and suggestions.

I believe what was happening was I was starting to see the "death" of my PSU (8 yr. old ULTRA 650W BRONZE.).

Last weekend we started to smell that "We just turned the houses Heater for the first time in Winter" situation.

At first thought it was one of my 2 Apple iPads while they were being charged separately on Sat/Sun.

Went to check my email Sun. and the smell was strong around my desk and started the search and it would be from the PC. I have a ATX HAF w/plenty of ventilation and used a vacuum to get any dust out.

Plugged it back in, worked fine, smelled nothing for almost an hour. That electrical smell came back stronger than before.

I shut down my PC and went to turn off the PSU at the switch and it was really hot, so I unplugged it from my "MONSTER"

Upon inspection I would find the PSU box very warm, checked the plug with no damage, cables looked good and as you can see no damage to my components.

Took it in we replaced the PSU with a EVGA 600W 80 PLUS GOLD one and in preparation after going over 3 options at the shop decided to start the build towards an ATX DDR5/or6 build with an AMD RYZEN 7 Processor. Of course, the motherboard (GIGABYTE) and graphics card (NIVIDIA) will be matched accordingly.

The EVGA PSU will work as I'm not an "extreme gamer" (Backup will be a CORSAIR 1000/or 1100) and I replaced my "WD" 1 TB (Only used 10% of it.) hard drive with a 500GB SSD one.

I'm finding it cheaper to order the components I want by hundreds of dollars in some cases versus buying one off the shelf. Since Tiger Direct isn't doing home PC's any longer, looks like Amazon will be my overall best bet from the sites visited thus far.

My thinking is gaming components are more "robust" than Home or Office ones and more advanced generally.

Though I'm generally a more "Half a glass" type person, I'd rather be a "Full glass type person" when it comes to matters like this.

Time will tell when I get into a game "bender" here.

Thanks Again!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old February 24th, 2024, 02:19 AM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road

I agree with Don. I think it's your cable attachment to your monitor. It happens to me.

troopie
Old February 24th, 2024, 04:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
I agree with Don. I think it's your cable attachment to your monitor. It happens to me.

troopie

A few months back I was having screen freezes with electronic junk happen at random times that I could "fix" by wiggling the connections on the cable linking the computer to the screen and it would work fine sometimes for many days then happen again and I would go through the routine again unplugging the cable from the computer and the screen and checking it and re-connect it and I might get days or weeks before it would happen again

Eventually, I just gave up and bought a new cable and the problem stopped. I think it was an $8 fix