This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 16th, 2006, 11:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Aircraft Cannon/Gun HEK ramblings...

I've been working on a spreadsheet of my own for my near-total TC of the future WinWW2; and I've punched in all the revelant data for most aircraft guns/cannon for WWII, and have been playing around with some rating schemes...

I'm curious as to what the SPCAMO designers and the other forumites think of my ideas:

I'm thinking of HEK for aircraft guns/cannon as being based around how many kilograms of shells/explosives the weapon can fire in a burst of X seconds, in the table above, I have it set up for 4 second bursts and HEK for non-exploding weapons being equal to the kg per burst, but can change that easily.

I might simply make the HEK effects for .30~ MGs to be 3; while .50~ MGs to be 6; and use the kg/burst rating system for cannons exclusively; I'm still thinking this through.

Explosive-tipped weapons like 20mm cannons or the like get a 50% boost to their HEK because of the fragmentation effects of the exploding rounds.

Accuracy is based upon Muzzle Velocity divided by 60; on the assumption that it's far easier to hit your target with a 1,200 m/sec 37mm BordKanone APCR round than with a 600 m/sec 55mm Mk 112 round.
Old February 20th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aircraft Cannon/Gun HEK ramblings...

I don´t think 50cal is twice as effective as 30cal. One round doesn´t kill two or three marines (eventhough it might penetrate them all thus killing or injuring them), because the volume of fire and basic lethality or casuality (can you say that?), is the same. However 50cals using duplex bullets may tip the balance somewhat in fire volume, ricochets etc. 50cal penetration of hard objects should give it slightly higher HE kill than 30cal firing at the same rate of fire. But one bullet takes out one man, regardless of the weight of the bullet, especially in this case.

50cal hit is surely more lethal and offer more "stopping-power" but the 30cal should just also so the needed disabling when hit.