Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 19th, 2011, 12:09 AM

Private

cnikirk is on a distinguished road
Default CD vs. download

Dumb question, but if I buy the download version do I get everything that is included in the cd boxed version? I realize I don't receive a hard copy manual, but I want to make sure I get the higher resolutions of the cd version.

Thanks.
Old March 19th, 2011, 04:35 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CD vs. download

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnikirk View Post
Dumb question, but if I buy the download version do I get everything that is included in the cd boxed version? I realize I don't receive a hard copy manual, but I want to make sure I get the higher resolutions of the cd version.

Thanks.
You don't get a paper starter guide (it is not the full manual in paper form - the cost of that would be prohibitive).

Other than that - the downloaded full version is the full CD version of the software.

Andy
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Private

cnikirk is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Private

Pat58 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnikirk View Post

Thanks.
You don't get a paper starter guide (it is not the full manual in paper form - the cost of that would be prohibitive).

Other than that - the downloaded full version is the full CD version of the software.

Andy
I understood that when running in Windowed Mode, the CD version will allow larger screen resolution than the download version of 800x600. Is that not true?
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yes. The resolution the CD version ( hardcopy or DL version ) supports are listed in the game guide under "CD-Extended features " plus this patch supports the widescreen monitors with the CD version as "desktop" in both fullscreen and windowed mode

Quote:
The additional extended features on the CD allow you to set the screen resolution to 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024 and 1600x1280. The maximum game resolution is determined by your systems display resolution. If you have your monitor set to 1152x864 then that is the maximum size for the game as well.

Widescreen support has been added to the game for CD owners. This will allow you to run the game at the same resolution as your normal desktop. If a player wanted to use a resolution OTHER than the current windows desktop mode (e.g. to run the game in 1024x768 full screen, with the desktop set to say 1280x10240 ) then he would need to set the windows desktop to the desired size before starting the game. (Click on desktop, settings, choose required windows mode).

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 19th, 2011 at 10:17 PM..