Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road
Default win 7 speeed issue

I've got an issue when playing both SPMBT and SPWW2 with Win 7 on two of my laptops. I can't adjust the scroll speed or game play, no matter how I change the initial settings. The scroll will move about 10 hexes, screen-freeze, then jump ten hexes screen-freeze, and repeat over and over. I can not get a smooth slide across the screen.

If I move a unit and it is fired upon, I hear the firing. a couple of seconds later the round will appear on the screen, there will be a sound detonation, and a couple of seconds later the explosion or smoke-ball will appear.

I am loading from the discs. I'm not real strong in computer language skills. I've looked through the manual and as much as I can I have searched this forum. I can respond through email so we don't clutter this board if I can get someone to help me trouble shoot. My computer working skills are zilch. dan@combsworld.net

danke, carpo
Old December 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Computer Re: win 7 speeed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I've got an issue when playing both SPMBT and SPWW2 with Win 7 on two of my laptops. I am loading from the discs.
I am not aware of playing winSPMBT from a disk drive, i.e., uninstalled on the PC's hard drive. Without knowing your hardware, and system environment, it is difficult to understand the issues involved.

It may be helpful, to install the game, if you mean by loading from discs that you have not installed the game thus far.
Old January 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: win 7 speeed issue

Actually it is just getting too hard to keep having to learn computerese just to play the games. I have played since the first box sets and I played for a long time without being able to buy the discs. I bought them last spring. I know all I do is load from the discs. That is their value. I am just getting too old to have to screw around for hours trying to get a game I bought to play. I have three jobs and work from four machines, not counting touch pads. I can play the game from one. I see this all going away for me sooner rather than later. It's been a good run but I don't play games to learn operating systems.
Old January 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I don't understand this " load from the disks".. Are you trying to play the game directly from the CD's ?

Don
Old January 8th, 2014, 07:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Where are you adjusting the scroll settings and what do you have them set to now ?
Old January 8th, 2014, 09:11 PM

Corporal

paulo is on a distinguished road

I've played both games on a Win 7 laptop- no problems- didn't have to learn anything- I just followed the instructions re installation
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:59 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

1) Like 99% of games / programs you need to install it from the disk, then check for patches.
2 )If it fails to run switch show intro to off.
3) Set it to play in windowed mode, as you have purchased it I highly recommend desktop mode.

Its that simple & I have said this before one of the most user friendly & stable programs there is.
If you are still having problems then you have to get technical because there is most likely an issue with your computer.

4) Now set scroll speed etc if your computer is to fast for the default settings.