.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 12th, 2019, 03:19 AM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Italian Long Campaign

Turn 33

Fortune smiles. The last marauding tank is destroyed by the Heavy ATGs. In all, my AT guns accounted for 6 of the EN armoured vehicles.

Turn 36

Our battle line is advancing steadily. My scouts have even joined in the frenzy as the EN is making a shattered rout.

Battle Report

The main casualties were in 2nd Company. Unfortunately for them, they were the speed bump facing the EN main effort.

1st Company was relatively unscathed as they only had to engage 3 EN tanks. And by the time they started their attack towards the EN flank, the EN line was crumbling.

3rd Company fought very well when it was required to hold the line.

My artillery park was also getting suppressed by counter battery fire, and their fire slackened considerably towards the end.

On hindsight, I may have done better by site-ing my ATGs more forward. As the EN armour tends to outrun the infantry, this will allow the ATGs to engage the armour before my infantry has to do the dirty work.

A couple of tanks or mobile AT weapons may have been more useful at stemming the tide as well. In this battle, I had to be very reactive and hope that the EN armour would react in a certain manner. They did, but after taking out close to 2 platoons of infantry.

Also, I need to divvy up my artillery park. Putting them together increases all the risk with the only benefit being they shared the same ammo dump.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post: