.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slave Collar use

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
IF there is Turmoil in the province, which in MP is unlikely, unless you are fighting.... Pangaea.
Not quite: you merely have a higher chance of getting Maenads with Turmoil scales, and you can still get them with Order 1! (I'm pretty sure Order 2 and above mean no more Maenads) Mind, that's only a marginal improvement over having to have Turmoil... it does make Order 1 an option for Pangaea, though, and I don't think any other nation can make that claim.

(If you're curious, I think Order 1 gives you one guaranteed Maenad and a random chance of getting a random number of extra ones, and Turmoil increases your odds but it's still very random. No Turmoil/Order gives you roughly half as many Maenads as Turmoil 3 on average and two or three times as many as Order 1)

Last edited by Alneyan; December 24th, 2008 at 03:55 PM..
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Not that Ive used it much as an MP tactic anyway but actually more come in turmoil. I think Ive only been able to shutoff the flow by staying inside my own dominion and taking +3 order. But Ive moved thru enemy territory and had maenads appear each turn. In a quick short test game (just to make sure nothing has changed) I was even able to take 3 provinces inside of 30 turns without ever attacking anyone, one with a castle. With just the maenads coming from my stealth pans.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM

General

The problem is that *enemy* Order 3 is also going to shut down Maenads, and most provinces in MP are going to be under Order 3.

Order 2 does give a few Maenads indeed, though you only get a random chance of gaining a couple a turn... there's no guarantee you'll summon one every single turn as with Order 1 and below.
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM

Corporal

BesucherXia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaeolept View Post
not to soul contracts or pacts of lifelong protection, but to all other blood items.
Oh, my fault. I once heard forge bonus does not apply to soul contaracts, and beilieved it is the same situation for all other blood items.

Thanks for the correction.
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:25 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Psycho is right, the forge bonus also does not apply to blood hearts.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alneyan View Post
and most provinces in MP are going to be under Order 3.
Really? Even in CBM games?
Sounds like that should be fixed.

Quote:
it does make Order 1 an option for Pangaea, though, and I don't think any other nation can make that claim.
Hmmmm I might need to look into that. Been abit since Ive tested the "everyone" in the scales area.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 24th, 2008, 08:56 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

It could be that enemy order dominion is not counted, as it is a positive trait, and so it would act as Order 0, thus generating some maenads.
Old December 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaeolept View Post
It could be that enemy order dominion is not counted, as it is a positive trait, and so it would act as Order 0, thus generating some maenads.
Enemy Dominion affects Maenad generation... at least Order does, but I don't think Turmoil would be any different.
Old December 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I just tested it. And yes it appears that enemy dominion of +3 order does shut off the maenads.
So MPers can apparently safely forget that tip.
Old December 25th, 2008, 11:28 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alneyan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
IF there is Turmoil in the province, which in MP is unlikely, unless you are fighting.... Pangaea.
Not quite: you merely have a higher chance of getting Maenads with Turmoil scales, and you can still get them with Order 1! (I'm pretty sure Order 2 and above mean no more Maenads) Mind, that's only a marginal improvement over having to have Turmoil... it does make Order 1 an option for Pangaea, though, and I don't think any other nation can make that claim.

(If you're curious, I think Order 1 gives you one guaranteed Maenad and a random chance of getting a random number of extra ones, and Turmoil increases your odds but it's still very random. No Turmoil/Order gives you roughly half as many Maenads as Turmoil 3 on average and two or three times as many as Order 1)
There are several nations that are eminently playable with turmoil. Mictlan, Ermor, LA Goth, to name a few.