This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 13th, 2005, 02:11 AM

Sergeant

Kevin Arisa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When You have it.......

I remember when I first got SE4. I was so completely lost. I was so happy when I figured out how to make a ship that will beat the AI. My tactics were so limited it was laughable. Then I slowly discovered other tactics. Mines, Sats, Drones, Fighters, etc. I think the gradual progression of understanding is one of SE4's major charms. There is always something new to discover, some new tactic or strategy. If SE5 maintains this excellent feature I may just have to store up food and water next to the computer because I'll never want to leave.

A- Se GdY $- Fr! C- Css Sf+++ Ai Au M++ Mp* S++ Ss+++ RV Pw Fq Nd Rp+ MM+ G Bb L- Tcp+
Old March 13th, 2005, 04:36 AM

Sergeant

RudyHuxtable is on a distinguished road

The only thing better than SEIV is SEIV Gold...

And AT's Star Trek Mod!

The Won-Ton Violence Take-Out Hut

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet intakes.

A Se+ GdY $ Fr! C+ Csc Sf Ai AuO M+ Mp* S Ss- RNSDH Pw- Fq Nd- RP+ G+++ Mm+ Bb++
Old March 13th, 2005, 04:50 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kevin Arisa said:
I remember when I first got SE4. I was so completely lost. I was so happy when I figured out how to make a ship that will beat the AI. My tactics were so limited it was laughable. Then I slowly discovered other tactics. Mines, Sats, Drones, Fighters, etc. I think the gradual progression of understanding is one of SE4's major charms. There is always something new to discover, some new tactic or strategy. If SE5 maintains this excellent feature I may just have to store up food and water next to the computer because I'll never want to leave.
It was the same for me. When I first tried out the demo, the AI seemed sooooo tough. Every battle I lost, every system I colonized the AI took. And yet I came back for more, simply because, to a new player, it was challenging. That's what I wanted. I wanted a game where I didn't understand most of the things right off, where I could learn things as I went. No other game has held my attention for so long as SEIV has done and will continue to do. Strange though, 4 years after beginning to play, the AI seems almost easy...:P

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )