This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default No tanks for NVA ever??? New picklist anyone?

Well, I have played several Vietnam battles and noticed that whatever amount of points AI has (even larger about 20000 points last time) and year (1965-73), it never seems to pick any tanks/armoured vehicles/etc... Only infantry (almost endlessly!), artillery/air support and AA-guns ... So, where are all T-54's, BTR's, PT-76's? I think that's unrealistic because NVA usedCan this be fixed with Mobhack only to decrease cost of them? Or do I have to change picklist (any program for it?) somehow? Has anyone else wondered same thing before me?

PS. If someone has solved this with new picklist, could you attach it into this topic ok?

Thanks in advance,

Warhero
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No tanks for NVA ever??? New picklist anyone?

Try April 1975 ( that what I tried first so results may vary )

NVA assualt against SVN. I had my points set to 7000 for SVN so the AI NVA would have approx 17500. LOTS of tanks. PT-76's, T55's, T-34's, Type 59's..... the whole works

NVA didn't play with tanks much until the final push but I just tried May 1973 with the same opponents and points and got the same results. Tanks up the wazoo ( for Vietnam...). I don't think the picklist is set up to give many tanks ( if any ) until the end of the war

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No tanks for NVA ever??? New picklist anyone?

Ok Don, in reality NVA used tanks more 1975 but still I don't understand why AI don't pick *even* 1 PT-76/BTR before April 1975??? It could add bit "surprise factor" into battles. Those sources what I have seen, NVA used tanks (more or less) during wartime. Now you can suppose that you will get about zillion units of infantry (mostly) every time as you play Vietnam era... Unless you pick those NVA units yourself (and forget "surprise" thing). Maybe I'm played BF:Vietnam too much ?

Hopefully Laurent will make his Viet War Pack (with tanks of course ) into this great game...

Warhero