Vala - "The last time I was this bored, I took hostages!"
Old February 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 001 Ultimate PBW game

Quote:
NullAshton said:
I may want to join this game...
Or at least have us all take it off list?

Hey guys: are there any openings? I'm not in front of the game right now, so I can't see, and the PBW site has been wrong before due to my negligence...

thanks,

Alarik
Old February 18th, 2005, 04:54 PM

Private

Space_Viking is on a distinguished road

Nope, currently no openings...
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:09 PM

Sergeant

Gozra is on a distinguished road

To: The Empire of the Sonne

Greetings.
We thank you for to offer of mediation. We will accept a panel of three judges headed up by the Sonne and 2 other races. We will abide by their judgments on the Issue of the Kor Occupying one of our Home world systems. We note that we were willing to allow the Kor to occupy our system in its natural state. We did object to the robotic exploitations of the minerals, organics and radioactives but were powerless to do anything about it. We allowed this state of affaires to continue, as it did not hurt us and it allowed Dissident members of the Kor seeking Freedom of Religion an outlet. We have an entire world dedicated to Kor Exiles, which are honored members of the Corelian Alliance. In fact we consult with their Elders on a regular basis regarding Kor internal politics and what it means to the Galaxy.
The Kor Empire began, with out consultation, to create planetary bodies from the asteroid field in the Agragor system. They compounded the issue when they took one of the fields that we had under our control. After Judicious study of the problem we took steps to restore the equilibrium of security within the Agragor System. Our internal peace and security will not be compromised by these religious fanatics and contend that they have no right to practice their religion against the will of others.

Prince Carlton Leader of the ASSB
The fact that slaughter is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more seriously, but does not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later, someone will come along with a sharper sword and hack off our arms
Clausewitz
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Private

Space_Viking is on a distinguished road

The Sonne Elders flutter their petals and send waves of scintillating colors through their bodies...

"A consensus is agreed. If the Exiles accept this proposal, we in turn will accept a triumvirate of three empires to adjudicate this crisis. If the Followers of Kor will nominate one race, and the Corelian Alliance a second, and both accept, we will hear the arguments and positions of both sides and come to a decision."
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

The continuing unreasonable demands of the Corelians have, we learned just recently, been supplemented by plans to attack us. We have learned from multiple sources that a Corelian task force has been enroute to the southern sectors of KorSpace with the intention to attack the Faithful directly. Furthermore, the Corelians have, last month, again colonized a world that the Faithful created. With this revelation of hostile intent, these further encroachments, and the continuing escalating demands of the Corelians, the Secular government of KorSpace has determined that relations with the Corelians shall be suspended for the time being.

<a few weeks later:>

It is with regret that we have learned that our people have been forced to defend themselves against Corelian forces in Aragor and Printlott systems. After suspension of hostilities, our forces had been set on Patrol Status Mace, with weapons-ready and all fighters on active combat space patrol in case the Corelians decided to escalate hostilities. Now, on at least ten occasions, the Corelians have attacked our forces on patrol. In most of these cases, the forces of the Faithful have triumphed. In some of them, damage has unfortunately been done to the populations of some Corelian military outposts. This is regretable.

In order to avoid catastrophic loss of civilian life, we have modifed Patrol Status Mace so that our forces shall avoid the Corelian homeworld in Aragor. The Secular government of KorSpace has no desire to inflict any damage on non-combatants, even infidels.

We request that the Corelian forces stand down in Printlott and Aragor (except for their homeworld there) so that further incidents may be avoided. We look forward to a cession of hostilities and a return to normalcy. Such would require the ceding of all Corelian outposts in the Printlott system (which are former colonies of the plant people whom the Corelians conquered) to the Faithful. We further require that , with the exception of the Corelian homeworld in Aragor, the outposts in Aragor be ceded to the Faithful and that the Corelian fleet in the south be returned to its bases and not enter KorSpace.

The Secular Government of the Exiles of Kor
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Sergeant

It was the worse cabinet meeting I ever held. We were all shocked and stunned. The Kor had broken the trade treaty and gone to war with us. We had depended on their government's integrity and had not prepared accordingly. I could see the shock and anger on the faces of the cabinet members as we watched the newscast come in from the frontier. The litany of death and destruction went on and on. The sudden shock of seeing the name of the ship that one of my daughter's served on listed as destroyed instantly threaded through my whole body. My assistant put her hand on my shoulder at that moment I just felt numb. The bad news went on and on. Colonies gone, millions dead, dozens of proud ships destroyed. Where had we gone wrong? We were looking forward to the commission that the Sonne had offered as a way out of this crisis.
The Kor had called us "Mad"again and again but we had dismissed it as rhetoric and now we had come to the realization that they were referring to themselves.
I had the main screen turned off and the silence was filled with grief and anger. I looked up and all were looking at their personal screens in front of them with expressions ranging from neutral to anger, shock and grief. More than one of us had Daughters and Sons in the Fleet.
I hardly remember what I said so the following is transcribed from the meeting record.

President Ralen Stood leaning forward both fist leaning on the smooth polished finish of the Conference table. He cleared his throat
"Well, I never thought the Kor would choose war over diplomacy but choose it they did. At this point I don't know if it would do any good to pursue a Diplomatic solution or not. One thing is Clear Admiral Leary is cut off from help at the moment and we must reopen those lines again. War is a politician's failure and a soldier's nightmare. I propose that every Effort be made to defend ourselves from the Kor. We need to stand firm in the face of Kor aggression. I am implementing the Kiehl protocols and placing the Alliance under wartime conditions. I hope this situation can be resolved speedily but if not we need to be prepared for the worst. All of you have supported me in the past and we have prospered. I expect your full support now and pray that we will be guided by the almighty in the successful defense of our homes and families. My friends we will not be bullied. We will stand firm in our resolve to do what is right for our people and our Alliance. We will do what is necessary to insure our continued security. Where there is weakness we will build strength. Where there is hopelessness we will bring hope. Where there is slavery we will bring freedom. Where there is despair we will bring courage. Where there are ashes of defeat we will bring Victory."

With out another word the president stood tall and carefully looked at each and every person nodded and left the room.

Excerpt from "Furnace of Victory" memories of a wartime President.
Published by Titan press publications 2416.2 (SGT)
The fact that slaughter is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more seriously, but does not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later, someone will come along with a sharper sword and hack off our arms
Clausewitz
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:42 PM

Sergeant

You have broken our treaty and attacked us. The Huge fleet approaching from the south is an exploratory fleet of seven Light cruisers. We would be thrilled if all people were as terrified, with eight or ten ships we would then be respected in all of space. We told you repeatedly that we would not fire the first shot and we have not. We pledged to submit ourselves to the Sonne Commission however, we suspend that pledge. We will now bring what ever force is necessary to defend our current holdings and will not give up one inch of territory. Your knee jerk reaction to poor intelligence reports. Is encouraging as we see how easy it is for your kind to make mistakes we will hope for the sake of your people you will limit your blunders.
We call upon our allies and any other space faring race to denounce your murder of civilian populations.

Prince Carlton Leader of the ASSB
Clausewitz
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:58 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

The Exile government maintains that it was the Corelians who first broke our agreement by failing to relenquish, as they had pledged over a year ago, the planets they had conquered in the Priintlot systems from the Plant creatures. They compounded this by colonizing planets that we had created. Then they demanded that the entire Printtlot and Aragor systems be ceded to them. Even after this disupute reached a high pitch, they continued to colonize worlds that were not theirs, clearly intentionally. These actions, showing a clear disregard for the Faithful, were then aggravated by the discovery, from multiple sources, that the Corelians had been planning offensive actions against the Faithful for some time now. Whether approaching fleets were seven vessels, or seven hundred, does not matter to us in issues of Faithful security. Not only did we not know the size of the fleet, and hence had to assume the worst, but the Faithful possess weapons that allow even a single ship to wreak havoc upon a solar system, and we anticipate that the Corelians do as well. Hence, we cannot risk any such threat to the security of our holy shrines and temples.

The Faithful have severed relations with the Corelians until these issues above can be resolved. Our forces, upon being approached by Corelian forces, merely defended themselves. In any case, the planets that were damaged during such defense actions were clearly military outposts and not civilian ones, as reported by our unbiased Paladin pilots at the battlespaces in question.

The Faithful of Kor do not inflict harm upon others without cause, and our priests tell us that to kill an innocent is a sin. It is with extreme disbeleif that we hear that Exile forces in Aragor and Priintlot have injured civilian populations. We assure the interstellar community that a full investigation will be opened up into such allegations, and we will appoint a committee chaired by reputable members of the secular government.

In order to avoid any civilian deaths, it is our intention to have our Holy fighter wings avoid the Corelian homeworld in Aragor. They will be instructed to refrain from entering the orbit of that planet. Apart from that, they will continue their combat space patrol patterns and act to defend themselves should they need to. Their patrol formations will, of course, be a mosque level secret, and we cannot disclose them to infidels.

The agreement governing the Priintlot system must be adhered to before we can proceed to other issues. Meaning that all the plant people colonies that have been conquered by Corelian forces must be ceded to the Secular government.

We request strongly that daily and weekly prayers of the Faithful be not interrupted by the Corelian forces as they attempt to defuse the situation in Aragor.

So speaks the Secular Governemt of the Exiles, leader of the Faithful and Listener to Kor.
Old February 25th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Sergeant

: A personal Communication from Prince Carlton Leader of the ASSB (Alien Space Security Board)
: To Ambassador Korla-Kola, of Kor

Good Grief! Korrie. What are your people thinking? Everyone in the alliance is clamoring for war. Your exiled exiles are trying to sign up in huge numbers but military quotas have been met this year and they are being turned away and now they are rioting in the streets 'cause they can't sign up to go kill their relatives. You really put me in a tough position old boy I can't even get in to see the president my father to try and present your view on this whole thing. Oh and you did wipe out 3 civilian colonies along with 2 military post but our press is lumping it all together as civilian casualties and there have been some anti-Kor activity around your Churches.
Oh by the way the "attack" fleet you asked about really was an exploratory fleet sent to the southwest quadrant to look at some unmapped systems we knew nothing about. It turns out that it belongs to the Negation. Once we understood that we pulled them back and then the idiots severed relations with us. We complied with their demands and then they pulled the plug on our treaty. Makes no sense to us (if you could pass along your take on them we would appreciate it). Thanks for the keg of Korban brandy it really was a hit here. I even had an offer from one of my merchant friends to cut me in on an import license let me know if you want in on the deal as I think it can make a tidy sum for both of us.
Trisha says to tell you and yours hello.

Prince Carlton

PS The word about the Priintlot system planets is not encouraging the debate is centering on the actual wording of the agreement. Things don't look well in handing them over. There is a firm decision about that colony ship we intend to leave it alone for now but that could change.
Clausewitz