Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 25th, 2005, 06:58 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default RED OOb Insurgent base (for Troopie)

Troopie

This is a quick work-over of the RED OOB to make it an insurgent opponent for Rhodesia as the AI (though a sensible human opponent could use it as well, if he avoids any remaining heavy unit formations not as yet deleted !

It's only a base - you will need to flesh out the units, rename formations or whatever in your own editing. But a useful starter for an hour's editing, methinks.

It was done the quick and simple way I suggested, of replacing inappropriate formations with others. So instead of the tank platoon, there is another rifle platoon, tank company is replaced by a rifle coy, mech inf by leg inf. A few edits to AA and so on, and the attack helos and strike planes overwritten, sp-sam to AAG formatons and so on.

Generally - names like "Rifle co C" or with "was XXX" or with a * or *s in the title are replacements.

instead of light tanks, they wil take a pair of gaz with RCL, wit a pair of t34-85 instead (rarely). SPAAA are mainly gaz with MG, some small tin cans.

It buys a rag-tag of pick ups and civilian cars (can represent a landrover) for a little motor transport, hopefully not too many of these!.

off map MRL are now on-map mortars or MRL, the light off-map batery is now mortars, and the medium off-map arty (rarer buy) is now a light off map bty.

I have tested RED versus Rhodesia and the battle locations come out as Southern Africa, whether RED is player 1 or Player 2.

It would likely be a useful base for your further work, you will probably want to strip out the unused tanks, SPATGM etc, and change infantry sections to ones like those in the early part of the ZIM OOB. Ditto with any unwanted formations. (remember the T34-as-SPG is there for a random replacement of the jeep SPG, unless you want to delete that one too

Stick this in the \custom OOBS\Custom set 1.
Then use the File Maid to install it.

Once you have your own RED insurgent OOB done - please upload here for others to play with!.

Cheers
Andy

NB - I ran it through the cost calculator as I changed the T34(SPG) and Gaz-B11 HE to AP ratio.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 361550-Obat043.zip (16.8 KB, 182 views)
Old June 25th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RED OOb Insurgent base (for Troopie)

Baie Dankie, Andy.

I' thinking of moving all the Zanla/Zipra/Swapo/Frelimo/Unita/Fnla/Mpla stuff to Red, and calling that the Insurgent orbat.

I will the later Zipra stuff in Zimbabwe, to do the 80/81 Ndebele uprising.

BTW, the Police Support Unit (Pol Sprt Unit) in the Rhodesia orbat is unattached to any formation. Police Support Units were grouped singly, or like a BSAP patrol, three Police Support units with or without transport. Transport will be Rovers, or when they become available Mine protected vehicles. They should have elite movement and combat ratings.

I apologise for this error, as on previous versions I provided a lot of the info for Rhodesia.

If I ever get to Scotland again I plan to buy you baie long drinks.

troopie
Old June 25th, 2005, 04:30 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
troopie said:
Baie Dankie, Andy.

I' thinking of moving all the Zanla/Zipra/Swapo/Frelimo/Unita/Fnla/Mpla stuff to Red, and calling that the Insurgent orbat.

I will the later Zipra stuff in Zimbabwe, to do the 80/81 Ndebele uprising.

BTW, the Police Support Unit (Pol Sprt Unit) in the Rhodesia orbat is unattached to any formation. Police Support Units were grouped singly, or like a BSAP patrol, three Police Support units with or without transport. Transport will be Rovers, or when they become available Mine protected vehicles. They should have elite movement and combat ratings.

I apologise for this error, as on previous versions I provided a lot of the info for Rhodesia.

If I ever get to Scotland again I plan to buy you baie long drinks.

troopie
No problem - the RED base inthat file was only an hour or so of work, mainly checking.

The main point was to check that RED is not "dominant" vs Rhodesia for battle locations (it may not work as a leg-only insurgent base for other countries).

Cheers
Andy
Old July 3rd, 2005, 11:48 PM

Sergeant

Here is my reworking of Andy's insurgent orbat. ZANLA, ZIPRA, Frelimo, FNLA, UNITA, FARP, PAIGC, and Simba units have been added.

troopie
Attached Files
File Type: zip 363885-Insurgent orbat #43.zip (19.6 KB, 184 views)
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Private

Arclight is on a distinguished road

Nice one Mate! Can't wait to use it.

I'd like to touch base with you one day, if you've the time...

-Jeff
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
John Stewart Mill
"If that’s “disrespectful” to Muslims, tough. You should have thought about that before you allowed your holy book to become the central motivation for global jihad." - Mark Steyn

Arclight's Blog - http://awsopblog.blogspot.com/ - A Whiter Shade of Pale
Old July 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
troopie said:

troopie
Pol Sprt Unit is indeed in the OOB in a formation. Look under "PATU"

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 24th, 2005, 12:48 AM

Sergeant

You are, as usual, rignt. I don't know how I made that error.

troopie