World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 17th, 2005, 02:05 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Obat 017 Iraq

Listy, have you tested that?

That would be fine as a scenario start feature (bombing leading to the battle situation you will be dealing with), but now as a normal unit, an ammo carrier won't attack. It can be good to simulate something that is as well a suicide car and a carrier for light supply for insurgents. Sounds quite silly but well...

As well, I guess you could load an ammo canister into a car/pickup/light truck, and use that as a suicide bomb car? How would that work?
Old July 17th, 2005, 03:43 PM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road

When ammo trucks explodes, they do attack every body in the hexe and in the 6 adjacent hexes, but I don't know how to make it explode by itself...
I prefer use 155mm off-map batteries with 1 ammunition and really heavy experience (255), to create the surprise effect and the precision needed...
Other idea -> give your truck an huge armor to make it unbreakable from more than 1 hexe and then the ennemi will kill himself when assaulting... Don't know if it works...
Old July 18th, 2005, 07:21 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

Tested: Sort of. and it works after a fashion (This was in 3.01) I am/was doing a campaign of the UK in Iraq taking over AN Nasriyah in September when the Italians pull out, with lots of COIN missions.

I had a Road block which was meant to be hit by a sueicide bomb, then followed by a small formation of Bad guy's attacking. However I also wanted to have several civilian vehicles moving around who where nothing to do with the fight.

As the AI doesn't recognize Ordnance carriers as a vehicle class, it should move them as trucks, which it does, however I haven't yet found a way of getting it to advance to within one hex of my formations neither Armour on the front or a pistol (Which Would IIRC work In spwaw).
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:12 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

If you want to use it as a scenario start feature, like all the other such units, the best would probably be to put it in an hex next to the target and damage it heavily while deploying (crew=0).

Or you can work it the other way round by having it sitting on a lo-viz street corner with no move, and have your forces stumbling upon it and killing it right away, terrain geometry and overall visibility making sure the car is not seen too soon.
That would work as a kind of ambush.